[UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [UPDATE BUG FIX] Bluetooth Addon BETA

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 466 total)
  • 5. Januar 2017 at 12:22 #25553

Thanks for your quick reply. No if I pause using the squeezebox controlls it istantly pauses but if I pause on the source device it also takes that long until the squeecebox speakers pause. I tried to figure if there is a problem with the wavin plugin by using an external soundcard. Unfortunately, I counld not get it working. Because I don’t know what to do next I opened another forum post with the problems for the wavin plugin.

6. Januar 2017 at 0:27 #25588

I have added the line

BLUETOOTHSINK=““

as suggested. (It was not easy as initially I could not log in using SSH (root/max2play would not work)

There seems to be an improvement as the player „Alexa_Speaker“ now appears to play the music properly, i.e. both M2P and Alexa confirm the bluetooth connection, and the progress bar and count up / count down timers all proceed as expected. However no sound comes out of the Echo Dot even with the volume set to 100% on the player GUI

6. Januar 2017 at 11:37 #25595

I’ve found this reference to Alexa BT abilities but I don’t know enough to know if it’s useful

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202011880

8. Januar 2017 at 20:06 #25672

Hi,

I’m trying to setup a Max2Player that is capable to act as a Squeezebox Player and as well is capable to accept streamed Audio via Airplay or Bluetooth to the Player istelf (not the LMS). It should automatically switch between the respective Audio Sources.

My Setup is:
    – RasperryPi 3 with wired access to the network
    – Inbuilt Wirelesss is disabled
    – Inbuilt Bluetooth should be used to accept Bluetooth Streams.
    – Squeezebox Server resides on a different System togehther with FHEM in the Network
    – In order to allow automatic Switchover, the IP of the LMS Server is entered in the „advanced Settings“
    of the ShairPort Section
    – Bluetooth is installed
    – „Squeezelite Bluetooth Verbindungs Synchronisation“ is installed and „-B“ is configured as
    command Line Parameter in Squeezelite
    – „Audio-Ausgang beim Trennen wechseln“ is activated
    – „Deaktiviere integriertes Audio bei RPi3“ is activated
    – Pulse is used as the Sound Card in Squeezelite and in Shairport
    – an iPad3 and an iPhone 5 are paired and are Green after the reconnect and
    both Function eventually.
    – Sound Card is a HifiBerry DAC+ Pro
    – I started out with the Jessie HifiBerry Image 235 from your Webpage, updated Max2Play
    first to the newest update release and recently (Today) as well to the Beta Version
    – I updated Squeezelite by setting the checkbox in the advanced Squeezelite Settings
    – Squeezelite, Shairport, Bluetooth are all set to Autostart

It sort of Works but not entirely stable and not very predictanbly. What are the issues I discovered:
    – After booting I try to use it as a Squeezebox Player. I will only get klicking noises in sub second intervalls.
    The clicking noise goes on endlessly unless i stop/start the player
    – After several times pressing stop,start,stop etc. the sound will eventually come on and the player runs ok.
    There are not always the same amounts of Start/Stops required.
    – Using the iPhone 5 with iOS 10.1.1, it will not detect the Max2Play Player as possible AirPlay device.
    It is not possible to to connect via AirPlay
    – Connecting via Bluetooth works ok, but it will not stop the Squeezebox Player. I will get both Audio
    signals until I stop one or the other.
    – For instance to use Bluetooth i need to stop the Squeezebox player anf afterwards I need to start it again.
    – On connecting the iPad3 (iOS 9.3.5) when just before the iphone was used over Bluetooth, the the connection will
    only quickly come on (maybe a second).
    – After „reconnect“ via the M2P Webgui, the iPad can then again be connected.
    – When playing an IP TV Stream over Bluetooth, it will switch over from the Squeezebox Player to Bluetooth.
    – After stoping the Stream, the Squeezebox Player will not be resumed automatically. At Times not even stop/Starting
    the Player in LMS will Remedy the Situation and the Player has to be rebooted.
    – Using AirPlay will automatically switch over after somewhere between 15-20 seconds. During this time, 4 to 5
    klicks are audible before eventually the sound comes on via Airplay.
    – After stoping Airplay it will automatically go back to the Squeezeplayer, but mostly only the subsecond clicking
    is hearable. Multiple Stop/Starts will eventually bring the Squeezeplayer back.
    – as well on Bluetooth or Airplay, the Audio Playback will after varying times loose the connection and will mostly
    automatically resume playback. Occasionally Bluetooth will have to be reconnected.

On Trying to influence the situation, I removed the IP Address of the LMS Server under „Shairport/Squeezelite automatischer Wechsel der Audioquelle“ in the „Advanced Shairport Settings“. From the on the clicking Noises stop and the Squeezebox Player is played automatically. But this as well means that there is no automatic switover anymore and one needs to swith the respective Audio Sources on and off as required.

– are my used software releases on the required and most current versions
    – what can/has to be changed to make the system more reliable and predictable?

Any hints are most welcome.

Regards

Philipp

##################################################
    ####  Einstellungen / Reboot Debug Info

#### FILESYSTEM ####
    Filesystem     1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root        2857028 2048148    664852  76% /
    devtmpfs          437056       0    437056   0% /dev
    tmpfs             441388     764    440624   1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs             441388   17232    424156   4% /run
    tmpfs               5120       4      5116   1% /run/lock
    tmpfs             441388       0    441388   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/mmcblk0p1     61384   21576     39808  36% /boot
    tmpfs              88280       8     88272   1% /run/user/1000

#### LOAD AVERAGE ####
    0.13 0.22 0.19 1/207 1489

#### KERNEL ####
    Linux Bad 4.4.20-v7+ #908 SMP Wed Sep 7 14:44:27 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

#### LINUX-VERSION ####
    Distributor ID:	Raspbian
    Description:	Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)
    Release:	8.0
    Codename:	jessie

####  Audioplayer Debug Info

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite v1.8.3-718, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT DSD ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o pulse -a 80:4:: -B
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d pulse
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=--webport 8081
    LMSIP=x.x.x.x

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
      null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
      pulse                          - PulseAudio Sound Server
      equal                         
      plugequal                      - Equalizer for plughw:0,0
      default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry   - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Default Audio Device
      sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Default Audio Device
      dmix:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Direct sample mixing device
      dsnoop:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Direct sample snooping device
      hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0  - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Direct hardware device without any conversions
      plughw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry,DEV=0 - snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus,  - Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT VERSION ####
    2.8.0-openssl-Avahi-ALSA-soxr

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    access: RW_INTERLEAVED
    format: S16_LE
    subformat: STD
    channels: 2
    rate: 44100 (352800/8)
    period_size: 1102
    buffer_size: 4408

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

####  Bluetooth Debug Info

#### Bluetooth Installation ####

#### Bluetooth Dongle ####
    hci0:	Type: BR/EDR  Bus: UART
    	BD Address: AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF  ACL MTU: 1021:8  SCO MTU: 64:1
    	UP RUNNING PSCAN 
    	RX bytes:37040762 acl:60827 sco:0 events:338 errors:0
    	TX bytes:13548 acl:306 sco:0 commands:98 errors:0

#### DEVICE DEVICE1 ####
    [00:11:22:33:44:55]
      Name: DEVICE1
      Alias: DEVICE1 [rw]
      Address: DEVICE1 MAC
      Icon: phone
      Class: 0x7a020c
      Paired: 1
      Trusted: 1 [rw]
      Blocked: 0 [rw]
      Connected: 1
      UUIDs: [00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe, ServiceDiscoveryServer, AudioSource, AVRemoteControlTarget, AdvancedAudioDistribution, AVRemoteControl, NAP, HandsfreeAudioGateway, PhoneBookAccess, 00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb, PnPInformation]

#### DEVICE DEVICE2 ####
    [11:22:33:44:55:66]
      Name: DEVICE2
      Alias: DEVICE2 [rw]
      Address: DEVICE2 MAC
      Icon: computer
      Class: 0x6a0110
      Connected: 0
      UUIDs: [00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe, ServiceDiscoveryServer, AudioSource, AVRemoteControlTarget, AdvancedAudioDistribution, AVRemoteControl, NAP, HandsfreeAudioGateway, 00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb, PnPInformation]

#### PACMD LIST | grep active ####
    	active port: <analog-output>
    	active port: <phone-input>
    	active profile: <output:analog-stereo>
    	active profile: <a2dp_source>

#### PACMD LIST | grep sink ####
    Default sink name: alsa_output.platform-soc_sound.analog-stereo
    		module.description = "When a bluetooth sink or source is added, load module-loopback"
    		module.description = "Automatically restore the default sink and source"
    		module.description = "When a sink/source is removed, try to move its streams to the default sink/source"
    	name: <module-always-sink>
    		module.description = "When a sink/source is idle for too long, suspend it"
    		module.description = "Load filter sinks automatically when needed"
    		module.description = "BlueZ 5 Bluetooth audio sink and source"
    	argument: <source="bluez_source.DEVICE1" source_dont_move="true" sink_input_properties="media.role=music">
    		module.description = "Loopback from source to sink"
    1 sink(s) available.
    	sinks:
    1 sink input(s) available.
    	sink: 0 <alsa_output.platform-soc_sound.analog-stereo>
    		module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-media-role:music"

#### X-SERVER RUNNING ####

#### PULSEAUDIO RUNNING ####
    1 S  1000  1467     1  0  80   0 -   478 -      ?        00:00:00 start-pulseaudi
    1 S  1000 29675     1 10  80   0 - 25732 -      ?        00:01:36 pulseaudio

####  Raspberry Einstellungen Debug Info

#### BOOT CONFIG TXT ####
    # For more options and information see
    # http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt.md
    # Some settings may impact device functionality. See link above for details

# uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
    #hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment this if your display has a black border of unused pixels visible
    # and your display can output without overscan
    #disable_overscan=1

# uncomment the following to adjust overscan. Use positive numbers if console
    # goes off screen, and negative if there is too much border
    #overscan_left=16
    #overscan_right=16
    #overscan_top=16
    #overscan_bottom=16

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus
    # overscan.
    #framebuffer_width=1280
    #framebuffer_height=720

# uncomment if hdmi display is not detected and composite is being output
    #hdmi_force_hotplug=1

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
    #hdmi_group=1
    #hdmi_mode=1

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in
    # DMT (computer monitor) modes
    #hdmi_drive=2

# uncomment to increase signal to HDMI, if you have interference, blanking, or
    # no display
    #config_hdmi_boost=4

# uncomment for composite PAL
    #sdtv_mode=2

#uncomment to overclock the arm. 700 MHz is the default.
    #arm_freq=800

# Uncomment some or all of these to enable the optional hardware interfaces
    #dtparam=i2c_arm=on
    #dtparam=i2s=on
    #dtparam=spi=on

# Uncomment this to enable the lirc-rpi module
    #dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

# Additional overlays and parameters are documented /boot/overlays/README

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
    dtparam=audio=off
    gpu_mem=128
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by pschlaeppi.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by pschlaeppi.
    8. Januar 2017 at 20:36 #25675

@aschiller: do you have a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3? If you have an old Raspberry A/B/B+, it might just be too slow.

@pschlaeppi
    :
    You are going for the full setup 🙂 some tips may help you:
    – deactivate the command line switch „Squeezelite Bluetooth Verbindungs Synchronisation“, this is for streaming to bluetooth Speakers. I think you want to stream to Max2Play.
    – you might better use the hardware soundcard output (e.g. automatically configure via hifiberry addon or choose soundcard manually in advanced options on audioplayer page) and do not use pulse, if your main goal is squeezebox and airplay. When shairport and squeezeplayer are paused, streaming with bluetooth should be possible. You always have to pause other players, otherwise you won’t get sound. But this should improve audioquality.
    – regarding „Connecting via Bluetooth works ok, but it will not stop the Squeezebox Player. I will get both Audio
    signals until I stop one or the other.“: The automatic switch for bluetooth only works when using the Squeezebox Server on Max2Play. In your setup you must stop all other audio signals manually.
    – when the switch between shairport and squeezelite is not working as expected, you might try to setup Squeezebox Server on Max2Play for testing. Please EXPAND the filesystem before you do that, as it does not seem to be expanded yet! Another option is to setup Shairtunes in Squeezebox Server. There is a one click installer on Squeezebox Server tab. This enables Airplay for all connected Squeezeboxes and you can disable Shairport on the audioplayer tab.

Hope that helps.

Stefan

9. Januar 2017 at 13:00 #25687

@flysurfer

I have still not managed to get sound out of my Echo Dot, although to be honest I don’t really know what I can do to debug it. I’m still in the position where LMS looks like everything is fine, with the progress bar and count up/down timers all behaving properly, and the Bluetooth still showing connected – but gettin no sound output.

To test the Echo, I have used an old phone and SB Player for android. This setup worked out of the box, which means that the Dot does at least support the feature. This does also mean that I can now use it as the house automation announcement speaker that I wanted.

Is there anything I can do, or try, to help fix the problem with the M2P plugin?

Gary

10. Januar 2017 at 11:57 #25729

@flysurfer

Hi Castalla,

it should be really easy – maybe you missed the part where you couple your smartphone with Max2Play? This must be done just once after you installed the Bluetooth plugin and before clicking the “install Bluetooth Streaming to Squeezebox Server” at the bottom of the Bluetooth Plugin (this really needs to know your smartphone as otherwise it will not start streaming).

Do I have to do this step with every device which should be able to stream to m2play server via bluetooth?

11. Januar 2017 at 17:29 #25782

@heinzelrumpel: yes, currently the device-id for streaming needs to be set for each device with the „install Bluetooth Streaming to Squeezebox Server“ button Castalla mentioned. If you want to stream with another device you must click this button after connecting the phone. This is quite complicated when using multiple bluetooth connections and I will have a look at possibilities to skip this in one of the next versions and just search for connected Bluetooth devices within the tool that starts the stream.

12. Januar 2017 at 0:54 #25802

Hi Stephan – I’m reposting an issue I’d raised last week and hoping for a reply. Again, thanks so much for helping out on my Bluetooth addon issues – much appreciated!

So, per your instructions, I deselected “Autostart bluetooth streaming in squeezebox server”, rebooted the pi, restarted the squeezebox server, reset the bluetooth link from my phone to the pi, put the phone next to the pi, selected the bluetooth link from favorites inside the Logitech Media Server, and let ‘er rip. Sadly… nothing… nothing at all. Whereas with the autostart selected I would occasionally get snippets of music from my phone through squeezebox to the speakers, in this case I got nothing at all. Silence. Not working at all.

In your response to me from 2 January you specifically say that I must “manually start the Bluetooth Stream in your Squeezebox Server”. Unless that is something different than selecting the bluetooth link from my favorites inside LMS, I think I’m testing the link as you intended.

Is this (another) dumb user error? Or is there something else going on?

For the record, here are the things I tried after this failure:
    – playing tunes directly from the library, or pandora, via LMS (works fine)
    – reselecting the Autostart feature – reverted to how it worked before, with only short snippets of music (but at least it verified the other settings that could be causing a problem, like volume controls, etc.)

Below I’ve copied the information from “debug information” on the Bluetooth page. Can you see anything wrong? Again, I’m really happy with the way everything else is working, but really need the Bluetooth link to have a complete solution.

Again, I really appreciate your help! Thank you!

Dave

hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: UART
    BD Address: B8:27:EB:EB:B5:5B ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
    UP RUNNING
    RX bytes:19429 acl:341 sco:0 events:335 errors:0
    TX bytes:15398 acl:319 sco:0 commands:102 errors:0

#### DEVICE Daves iphone ####
    [70:81:EB:15:82:91]
    Name: Daves iphone
    Alias: Daves iphone [rw]
    Address: 70:81:EB:15:82:91
    Icon: phone
    Class: 0x7a020c
    UUIDs: [00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe, ServiceDiscoveryServer, AudioSource, AVRemoteControlTarget, AdvancedAudioDistribution, AVRemoteControl, NAP, HandsfreeAudioGateway, PhoneBookAccess, 00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb, PnPInformation]

Default sink name: null
    name: <module-null-sink>
    module.description = “Clocked NULL sink”
    module.description = “When a bluetooth sink or source is added, load module-loopback”
    module.description = “Automatically restore the default sink and source”
    module.description = “Always keeps at least one sink loaded even if it’s a null one”
    module.description = “When a sink/source is idle for too long, suspend it”
    module.description = “Load filter sinks automatically when needed”
    2 sink(s) available.
    driver: <module-null-sink.c>
    driver: <module-null-sink.c>
    sinks:
    0 sink input(s) available.

1 S 1000 2686 1 0 80 0 – 25648 – ? 00:00:00 pulseaudio

13. Januar 2017 at 14:55 #25852

Hi,

i want to build a combo of airplay and bluetooth receiver with max2play and encounter some issues:

– setting Shairport to ‚Pulse‘ does not work, i get a similiar effect as Phillip (pschlaeppi) described above. Some noises at the start of playing music, then silence. Setting Shairport to hardware soundcard output fixes this. Now i can switch between bluetooth and airplay just through stop playing music on one device and playing from the other one… thats exactly what i want. BUT: Shairplay runs not stable with this setup… after some switches between sound from airplay to bluetooth and vce versa the shairplay daemon hangs… only KILLING and restart brings it back to live.

– i can connect Max2Play to my windows 10 laptop to Max2Play, but i couldn’t send some music to the Raspi. Windows 10 shows my Raspi as a computer and not as a ausio device… so i suspect the bluetooth profiles are not handled properly. Using a Windows 7 device solves this issue as on Win 7 you are able to select the bluetooth device class to be used. Win 10 doesn’t allow me this 🙁 Can i configure the available device classes of the Max2Play installation somewhere? If Max2Play offers a bluetooth speakers class only Windows 10 might work.

– last but not least the main purpose of use the bluetooth link is to transfer the audio part while watching amazon prime movies… but the delay between picture and sound is much too high… is there some way to reduce this?

My setup in short:

Rasperry Pi B
    M2P 2.40 out of the box with bluetooth add-on
    USB speakers connected
    USB bluetooth stick ‚CONRAD‘ brand
    100MBit Ethernet
    Airplay streamed by Synology DS Audio

Best regards,

Christian

15. Januar 2017 at 18:59 #25920

@flysurfer

Hi Stefan,

I’m using the Squeezebox Server together with FHEM on the same Plattform. This allows that FHEM can use Text To Speach to autput Audio via the Squeezebox Server to all Players. Therefore the LMS will have to remain on the FHEM Server. Your below Tipp with the ShairTunes2 Plugin was the solution at Least for the AirPlay sharing. Even Better, works for all the Players from the central Server.

@pschlaeppi:
    Another option is to setup Shairtunes in Squeezebox Server. There is a one click installer on Squeezebox Server tab. This enables
    Airplay for allconnected Squeezeboxes and you can disable Shairport on the audioplayer tab.

Now only remains open the Bluetooth sharing. As soon as I find time I will try the tipps from your reply above and report back.

Thanks a lot for Your quick reply.

regards

Philipp

18. Januar 2017 at 10:37 #26018

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe extra eine M2B Lizenz gekauft um vom RasPI aus Audio auf einen Bose Bluetooth Kopfhoerer streamen zu koennen ohne viel denken zu muessen 🙂
    Nur: Nix geht. Der Bose Kopfhoerer wird beim Device Scan zwar gefunden, scheinbar kann er aber nicht verbunden werden. Dieser Kopfhoerer sagt einem normalerweise mit Sprachausgabe wohin er zu verbinden versucht und ob das erfolgreich war. Mit dem RasPI kann er scheinbar nicht verbinden.
    Das ist die Meldung beim clicken auf „reconnect“:

bluetooth
    Controller B8:27:EB:36:7E:C0 max2play default

Device 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B bose kopfhoerer
    scan on
    quit

bluetooth

bluetooth

trust 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    quit

bluetooth

bluetooth

pair 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    Attempting to pair with 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    quit

bluetooth

bluetooth

connect 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    Attempting to connect to 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    quit

bluetooth

04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    Name: bose kopfhoerer
    Alias: bose kopfhoerer rw
    Address: 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
    Icon: null
    Class: 0x0
    Paired: 0
    Trusted: 0 rw
    Blocked: 0 rw
    UUIDs: 

und das hier die DEBUG Info:

BD Address: B8:27:EB:36:7E:C0  ACL MTU: 1021:8  SCO MTU: 64:1
    	UP RUNNING PSCAN 
    	RX bytes:2833 acl:49 sco:0 events:148 errors:0
    	TX bytes:3280 acl:49 sco:0 commands:95 errors:0

#### DEVICE bose kopfhoerer ####
    [04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B]
      Name: bose kopfhoerer
      Alias: bose kopfhoerer [rw]
      Address: 04:52:C7:0D:5B:2B
      Icon: (null)
      Class: 0x0
      Paired: 0
      Trusted: 0 [rw]
      UUIDs: [ 

Default sink name: alsa_output.0.analog-stereo
    		module.description = "When a bluetooth sink or source is added, load module-loopback"
    		module.description = "When a sink/source is removed, try to move its streams to the default sink/source"
    1 sink(s) available.
    	sinks:
    	sink: 0 <alsa_output.0.analog-stereo>
    		module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-application-name:ALSA plug-in [squeezelite]"

1 S  1000  1254     1  0  80   0 - 39786 -      ?        00:00:03 pulseaudio
    1 S  1000  1328     1  0  80   0 -   478 -      ?        00:00:00 start-pulseaudi

18. Januar 2017 at 18:15 #26071

@All: I released a new SD-Card Image (in download section) and Max2Play version 2.40 with some bugfixes also for Bluetooth. You should update and Reboot if you encounter any problems (might be solved with the update).

@Christian
    : I think using the Pi for synchronized bluetooth streaming will be difficult (current focus is on streaming music). When streaming Youtube Audio via Smartphone to Max2Play I get 0.3 to 0.7 second delay (direct stream, not via Squeezebox Server as this delay is about 3 seconds). I don’t think there is an easy way to reduce this. Maybe you should try plain bluetooth speakers for watching videos.
    „Can i configure the available device classes of the Max2Play installation somewhere“ – this is currently not changeable by web interface, but you may try to set this via SSH-console.
    When using Shairport and Squeezelite and Bluetooth Steaming with one dedicated soundcard, it is important to know:
    – All audioplayers try to access the soundcard when set up to use harware soundcard -> if the soundcard is blocked by a player (e.g. Shairport is playing while trying to play Bluetooth) it will not work (might kill the player itsself). Shairport will release the soundcard short time after you stop streaming. Shairtunes for Squeezebox Server is a good way to work around this in a Squeezebox Setup or you wait a little time between start/stop streaming to different players.
    – Setting the audioplayers to use Pulse as audiooutput should give access to the soundcard for all players, even if they are playing at the same time. If you have a dedicated audiocard (hifiberry, Justboom, etc.), always disable the Build-In Audio on the Raspberry Pi! By this, Pulseaudio always uses the soundcard to play audio (and not the headphone jack of the Raspberry).
    I also encountered the audioerror with squeezelite and Pulse setting when testing (plopping noise) – trying to figure out why this is happening: after around 1 min the stream recovers and plays nicely -> restarting squeezelite gives the same error again

I will add a highlighted Info-Box to the Bluetooth Plugin, that tells important things about the current Setup.

@pschlaeppi
    :
    Synchronized Bluetooth streaming via Squeezebox Server does only work with Max2Play and Squeezebox Server on the same device, as it records the bluetooth stream on the device. You may try to setup FHEM with Max2Play for testing (have a look at our Plugin page).

@bastler
    : das DEBUG-log schaut soweit gut aus. Hast du es mehrfach versucht die Verbindung aufzubauen (manchmal klappt es beim ersten Mal nicht)? Ggf. muss am Kopfhörer ebenfalls ein Pairing Knopf gedrückt werden? Ich habe einen Samsung Level One zum testen hier: damit klappt es auf anhieb nachdem man diesen in den Pairing-Modus versetzt hat (Kopfhörer darf nicht mit einem anderen Gerät verbunden sein).

All the Best
    Stefan

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by flysurfer.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by flysurfer. Reason: plopping noise with pulse and squeezelite
    19. Januar 2017 at 13:09 #26114

I also encountered the audioerror with squeezelite and shairport and Pulse setting when testing (plopping noise) – trying to figure out why this is happening: after around 1 min the stream recovers and plays nicely -> restarting squeezelite gives the same error again

This comes from bad buffering values, that need some editing in pulseaudio configuration. Editing Squeezelite Alsa-parameters to use a period count of at least 4096 bytes also fixes this. I will add a fix to the current BETA of Max2Play (will be in next release 2.41), that adds 2 parameters to the pulseaudio configuration in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf :

default-fragments = 5
    default-fragment-size-msec = 2

Long story short: if you use your Audioplayers with soundcard „Pulse“ for Bluetooth Streaming to Bluetooth Speakers or direct streaming from Smartphone to Max2Play (without Squeezebox Server) while still having Squeezelite and Shairport available without conflicts, just update to the latest BETA of Max2Play and Reboot. Shairport and Squeezelite should play fine without the popping noise at start.

23. Januar 2017 at 0:39 #26204

@flysurfer

Thanks for all your help 2 weeks ago. I finally tried the Pi with pixel and then with a bluetooth dongle which confirmed the Pi was faulty – dongle worked fine, internal Bluetooth did not work with fresh Pixel either. Got a replacement Pi today and Bluetooth works fine with both Pixel and Max2Play, though I have not yet had time to try it out fully: so far I’ve only paired and played music to a bluetooth speaker to prove the Pi Bluetooth works.

24. Januar 2017 at 4:13 #26243

Hi Stefan,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU. I finally was able to install your update and now BT streaming from my iphone through Max2play running on my Pi seems to be working fine. I’m much more of a HW guy than a SW guy, so this has all been a learning experience for me. Thanks for tolerating a newbie, and thanks much for your efforts in making this work.

THANK YOU!

25. Januar 2017 at 11:10 #26290

I am glad, that for some of you streaming seem to work now, but in my case it is still a hassle. Just yesterday I reinstalled and upgraded to 2.40, but nothing got better. My LG G3 starts streaming, but after a while, streaming stops, or worse, all of a sudden LMS plays a song which had been in queue. I am really annoyed of all this. Sorry, at this point I have to say, that m2p is not as it promised to be. There seem to be so many exceptions for the individual setup, that the features advertised on the feature list might work, but not for all and not on all hardware. I explicetly bought my system from m2p to be on the save side. PI3 with AMP+. Streaming via bluetooth was the killer feature why I decided to buy it and for now this is kiling me. Please do not misunderstand my complains. I find this project very interesting and it has great potential, but a this stage it promises more than it can actually fullfil. Just my opinion.

25. Januar 2017 at 11:23 #26291

@heinzelrumpel: when your streaming just stops, it seems that the bluetooth signal is lost. Do you have your Pi in a solid case? Do you have an external power supply for the Pi or only the power supply from the AMP that is also powering the PI. The reason for breaking bluetooth connection might be because of lack of power. Try to additionally connect a power supply directly to your Pi for testing OR if you can, use a powered USB-Hub and an external bluetooth dongle that works much better than the inbuild bluetooth on the RPi 3.

@mnvelocitypilot
    & tonyw: great to hear it is working now!

25. Januar 2017 at 12:07 #26293

@flysurfer

I am using the case for AMP+ I bought in your shop. Distance between devices is only 2-3m. Yes, I am using the power supply for the AMP+. This should be sufficient as to the statement in m2p webshop

Our promise

All of our offered hardware is tested extensively and is optimally compatible with the Max2Play image. No Linux knowledge is necessary for our out of the box solutions.

Ok, that is advertisement. I will try a seperat power supply for the Pi3 and an external dongle for bluetooth.

25. Januar 2017 at 15:37 #26297

Does the setting under „RPi Einstellungen“ –> “ Turn Bluetooth Off“ only effect internal device, or does it turn off the whole stack?

25. Januar 2017 at 18:07 #26313

Hi heinzelrumpel,

the setting is only to turn off the build in bluetooth in RPi3.

I am sorry that you have problems with bluetooth. Trying to follow your problem description, one typical cause of errors is usually the power supply of the Pi. Different setups need different amounts of „power“ and when powering the Pi just via GPIO pins and running the Squeezebox Server and stream via bluetooth to Squeezelite instances the Pi might suffer from power lacks. It is not only an advertisement you are referencing – indeed we are testing all devices and setups that we send to our customers. The modularity of the plugin based project and the freedom to use Max2Play just makes it impossible to test every scenario. This is why we try to help the best we can in this forum 🙂

All the Best
    Stefan

26. Januar 2017 at 11:14 #26321

Hi,

just tried yesterday. Plugged in an additional power supply, then deactivated internal bluetooth, deinstalled bluetooth, plugged in external adapter, installed bluetooth again. M2P sees my smartphone, but not the other way arround. Pairing not possible. The same with Echo dot. So reversed the whole thing and got internal bluetooth up again, but even with 2 power suplies the problem persists. Pffff…… Tried to not stream to LMS server, but instead to audioplayer. In advanced settings I selected pulse, but with this configuration no sound is comming out of AMP+, which I already expected.

Will try a different PI(Model B) today to see, if streaming might work on that one.

27. Januar 2017 at 12:03 #26359

Different PI did not work. Somehow the smartphone can’t see M2P. I suppose the external bluetooth dongle is the problem.

27. Januar 2017 at 12:15 #26360

Hi,
    when you update to the latest Beta version of Max2Play (on settings/reboot page), you will have a box at the top of the bluetooth addon, that tells you if the Bluetooth dongle is recognized and loaded correctly.

28. Januar 2017 at 21:29 #26378

Hi There,

I have installed the Premium Bluetooth plug in on My Raspberry PI and your newest image 7.9Nightly but when I install Bluetooth here is the message i get:

Bluetooth Setup Page
    Bluetooth install started
    Installation started – This Messages refreshes every 3 seconds to show current installation status. When finished this message disappears.
    Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/non-free Translation-en
    Cannot initiate the connection to mirrordirector.raspbian.org:80 (5.153.225.207). – connect (101: Network is unreachable)
    Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/rpi Translation-en_GB
    Cannot initiate the connection to mirrordirector.raspbian.org:80 (5.153.225.207). – connect (101: Network is unreachable)
    Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/rpi Translation-en
    Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie/main armhf Packages
    Cannot initiate the connection to archive.raspberrypi.org:80 (93.93.128.133). – connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 93.93.128.133 80]
    Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie/ui armhf Packages
    Cannot initiate the connection to archive.raspberrypi.org:80 (93.93.128.133). – connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 93.93.128.133 80]
    Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie/main Translation-en_GB
    Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie/main Translation-en
    Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie/ui Translation-en_GB
    Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie/ui Translation-en
    You need to choose pulse as audio output for your audioplayer AND run a X-Server (e.g. Jivelite – workaround for pulseaudio)
    Finished – now connect the Bluetooth dongle or Reboot Click here to reboot now

After reboot, there is no bluetooth configuration available….

Am I missing something here…. Please help.

30. Januar 2017 at 15:46 #26414

@DBP: somehow the Raspberry Pi Repository is not available from your Pi. This may be due to some downtime of the Servers. Trying the installer again after doing a reboot of Router / Max2Play should solve the problem.

My experience with Bluetooth with Amazon Echo – Now I got an Echo for testing 🙂
    Saying: „Alexa koppeln“ (german for open bluetooth to start connection)
    In Max2Play Bluetooth Addon: Scanning for Devices -> click on Echo-ECW -> connected!
    Switch to Pulse audiooutput in Squeezelite and play somthing with Squeezebox Server -> running perfect!

Next I am trying for some Smart Home with homematic and control Squeezebox Server with Alexa 🙂

30. Januar 2017 at 16:10 #26421

@flysurfer

Great news that you’ve now got an Echo to play with. I still haven’t managed to get mine to connect as a BT speaker. I’ve got a M2P box set up with BT, and have managed to get it to pair with my Echo Dot. If check in the Alexa App it shows as paired. It then lets me play music on the audioplayer on the M2P box but no sound comes out of the Dot.

If I connect an Android mobile phone to the Dot and install the App I can use that as an audioplayer and the sound comes out fine.

Regarding the voice control and home automation I’m having much better luck. I’ve been using Domoticz on a RPi3 with RFXCOMM and Z-Wave.
    Someone has written habridge which emulates (I believe) Philips Hue enabling Alexa to control Domoticz devices directly. Previously I had a setup using IFTTT and the Maker channel to trigger events but that involved using the internet and all the hassle that went with it.

Now I just have dummy switches, and attached LUA scripts for controlling Squeezebox.

„Alexa, turn on bedroom Radio 2“

now turns on the power to my RPi and my BOSE speakers, and then starts streaming BBC Radio 2 into the bedroom.

Now if I could get my Echo Dot to work properly as an always on BT speaker life would be perfect. I’ll burn a new SD card tonight and have another go. (Is it still called burning now it’s no longer a DVD)?

30. Januar 2017 at 23:47 #26444

I have just downloaded the latest image, 2.4 and tried it in my Rpi3. I

1) configured WIFI etc.
    2) added bluetooth,
    3) Paired to the Echo,
    4) selected Pulse – Pulseaudio server as output
    5) restarted Squeezelite
    6) Logged into LMS and played something.

Unfortunately I got exactly the same as last time. In the web interface all looks fine. The music is playing and the time progress bar is moving. Volume controls and track select all work. Alexa confirms that she’s still connected, and the connection shows as green on the BT page.

But unfortunately no sound is coming out.

Here is the contents of the frame when the BT connection was made

Device 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 Trusted: yes
    Changing 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 trust succeeded
    pair 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1
    Attempting to pair with 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1
    Device 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 Connected: yes
    Device 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 Modalias: bluetooth:v000Fp1200d1436
    Device 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 UUIDs:
    Device 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 Paired: yes
    Pairing successful
    connect 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1
    Attempting to connect to 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1
    Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
    Device 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1 Connected: no
    quit
    Name: Echo-0NQ
    Address: 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1
    Icon: audio-card
    Class: 0x2c0414

Here is the output from the BT debug. Can you see where I’m going wrong?

BD Address: B8:27:EB:62:B8:75  ACL MTU: 1021:8  SCO MTU: 64:1
    	UP RUNNING 
    	RX bytes:3674561 acl:7133 sco:0 events:387 errors:0
    	TX bytes:11881 acl:211 sco:0 commands:167 errors:0

#### DEVICE Echo-0NQ ####
    [88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1]
      Name: Echo-0NQ
      Alias: Echo-0NQ [rw]
      Address: 88:71:E5:7F:B8:D1
      Icon: audio-card
      Class: 0x2c0414
      UUIDs: [AudioSource, AudioSink, AVRemoteControlTarget, AdvancedAudioDistribution, AVRemoteControl, PnPInformation, 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb, 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb]

active port: <analog-input-mic>
    	active profile: <input:analog-mono>
    	active profile: <off>

Default sink name: alsa_output.0.analog-stereo
    		module.description = "Always keeps at least one sink loaded even if it's a null one"
    		module.description = "BlueZ 5 Bluetooth audio sink and source"
    1 sink(s) available.
    	sinks:
    	sink: 0 <alsa_output.0.analog-stereo>
    		module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-application-name:ALSA plug-in [squeezelite]"

1 S  1000  1398     1  0  80   0 -   478 -      ?        00:00:00 start-pulseaudi
    1 S  1000  5910     1  3  80   0 - 44727 -      ?        00:00:35 pulseaudio
    31. Januar 2017 at 17:35 #26526

Hi Gary,

what I found with Amazon Echo after some testing: sometimes it connects fine, but doesn’t start playing as mode of the bluetooth connection is „source“ and not „sink“. This is due to the fact, that the Echo can be sink and source for bluetooth (and Max2Play also allows Streaming from a smartphone). Maybe the Pi decides by throwing a coin during connection which mode is used and you were unlucky in all your attempts…

Now how to resolve the issue: the bluetooth mode can be changed on the fly with an easy command for the Amazon Echo as user pi on console with
    pacmd set-card-profile 2 a2dp
    Where „2“ is the index of the card and „a2dp“ the prefered mode to send bluetooth to the Echo speaker.

Easy fix for you: I added a patch to the current BETA of Max2Play, that always chooses the bluetooth speaker mode for Amazon Echo. You should try this. At least after 1 minute of playback it will change to play on the Echo.

1. Februar 2017 at 0:05 #26529
    i@AlexaTest:~ $ pacmd set-card-profile 2 a2dp
    Failed to set card profile to 'a2dp'.
    pi@AlexaTest:~ $ 

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 466 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here