The Max2Play Image for Raspberry Pi and ODroid offers preinstalled audio players that can easily be controlled and configured through the web interface.
We currently have three different players implemented: Squeezelite (Software Squeezebox), Shairport (AirPlay) and MPD. The players differ in their complexity and their applications. For a Multiroom setup, we recommend the use of Squeezelite in combination with the Squeezebox Server. Shairport offers easy playback from Apple devices or iTunes.
To compile the appropriate hardware (Raspberry PI and matching sound card) for the right purpose, we recommend our multiroom audio configurator.
How to use the different Max2Play Bundles, you can see in this example of application for a multiroom audio setup.
Corresponding plugins for the audioplayer feature:
Support of sound cards by Max2Play
In addition to the easy installation and administration of audio players, Max2Play also offers simple and fast integration of sound cards.
List of all Amp’s, DAC’s und DIGI’s that are supported by the Max2Play Raspberry Pi Image:
- Allo Piano Hi-Fi DAC / Allo Piano 2.1 Hi-Fi DAC
- Audiophonics I-Sabre V3 DAC
- HifiBerry DAC / HiFiBerry DAC+ / HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro / HiFiBerry DAC+ light
- HiFiBerry AMP / HiFiBerry AMP+
- HiFiBerry Digi / HiFiBerry Digi+ / HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro / HiFiBerry Digi+ Transformer Version
- IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ / IQaudIO Pi-DACZero
- IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ / IQaudIO Pi-DigiAMP+
- IQaudIO Pi-Digi+
- JustBoom DAC HAT / JustBoom DAC Zero
- JustBoom Amp HAT / JustBoom Amp / JustBoom Amp Zero
- JustBoom Digi HAT / JustBoom Digi Zero
- PiFi DAC+
- Wolfson Cirrus Logic
All HiFiBerry, IQaudIO and JustBoom sound cards can be directly activated in the special Max2Play Images for HiFiBerry, IQaudIO and JustBoom. For all other cards, the activation can be set in the extension “Raspberry Settings”. For all these sound cards, the optimal hardware settings are preset (clock frequency, voltage, video memory).
Max2Play also supports USB sound cards: These can be used (if the HDMI output is occupied) to enhance the audio output.
Additionally, Max2Play offers an equalizer function on the web frontend and other filters for audiophile uses.