Integration into existing Automation and building intelligent House Controls
The Raspberry Pi is an excellent control system for home automation. In combination with Max2Play, the Max2Play plugins and additional boards, it is possible to automate your own home even better. Building a complete weather station or automatically adjusting the heating with just one plugin makes life a little bit easier. You can define and manage rules for your network devices to further improve your home automation.
You can use our generated API-Example values to control your Max2Play device. You may also integrate these commands into your home automation system or simply use them as shortcuts.
- works with Home Automation that can handle HTTP-requests or CLI
- control your Max2Play device with whatever you like
- simple Copy&Paste of the commands
- works with Squeezebox, Jivelite, Kodi
In our HowTo we explain how to use these API examples.
Sense HAT is a useful extension board for the Raspberry Pi. Max2Play offers a plugin which can display the recorded data in a clear table.
- Barometric pressure
- LED-matrix display (8×8)
- Joystick with 5 Buttons
Everything about the Sense HAT can be found in the official Starter Guide.
This plugin installs an FHEM server for home automation, which is used for the automated operation of actuators such as light switches or heating as well as the recording of sensor information such as room temperature or humidity.
- Heating Control System
- Samsung / Panasonic / LG / Philips TV
- iTunes / Apple TV
- Kodi (XBMC)
- JawboneUP fitness data
- Garage access control
- Shutter control
- Solar system
- Intertechno („DIY store controlled sockets“)
- Phillipps HUE
- Amplifier of different manufacturers
- Several heating burners and thermal springs
This plugin is the system for monitoring and control of numerous objects and situations in the house. In the system, you can link devices for different functions. Max2Play together with a Raspberry Pi and the HomeMatic plugin to a remote control for these devices.
- Support of devices with a radio interface with 868.3 MHz
- Support of devices with an RS485 interface
- Heating and lighting management
- Temperature, air humidity and moisture measurement
- admission control
- Water, fire and motion detectors
- Weather station
- Presence detection via FritzBox and smartphone recognition via Wifi
- Homematic Historian Installer for extensive evaluations
You can find more information at the Homematic Forum (DE).
With this server you set up home automation integration of Squeezelite or set up Alexa voice control, all through its own web interface.
- Open Source
- 130 bindings for different devices
- Different User Interfaces
- Lots and lots of ways to configure your smart home
- Include openHAB in an external system
You can find out more about OpenHAB in the official documentation.
Raspberry Pi Camera
Installs a camera module connected to the Raspberry Pi to receive the video signal.
- Camera setup with a clear web interface
- Automatic recording with motion detection
- Comfortable camera management
Everything about the Raspberry Pi Camera can be found in the official Starter Guide.
Automatic Call Blocking
Simple setup of a tellows callblocker with Max2Play and the tellows database.
Use the VOIP-function of your router or connect an analog phone to your Max2Play device to install a fully functional callblocker in just a few steps with this plugin.
- Comprehensive protection with the tellows blacklist
- Manually add numbers to the white- or blacklist
- Fast and easy setup
- Control via the Max2Play interface
- Play specific audio files on call blocking
Vsit the official tellows website.
With this plugin you can record voice messages and send them automatically to your phone.
A generated HTTP-command lets you integrate those calls in any other system, e.g. home automation.
- Record and save up to 2 voice messages
- Copy&Paste the HTTP-command, which triggers the call
- Integration in other network systems
A home automation always needs to be adapted to your own needs and desires. So that you can also reach this with Max2Play, HomeMatic and FHEM Server, there is the possibility to create your own plugins and publish it to the community. So many scenarios of home automation will be realized and the community will be a part of the project.