Integration into existing Automation and building intelligent House Controls
The Raspberry Pi is an excellent control system for home automation. In combination with Max2Play, the Max2Play plugins and additional boards, it is possible to fully automate your own home. A complete weather station or automatically adjusting the heating by HomeMatic is so easy to control. Define and manage rules for its own network devices is also possible.
Control your Max2Play device with your Voice! This plugin uses HTTP-request for simple commands like Play or Pause. You can even choose your favorite music, without lifting a finger.
- For Apple and Android devices
- Offers practical, generated HTTP commands
- Use your Apple devices with Siri to voice command Max2Play
Note: Our new plugin API-Examples offers simple HTTP-commands to control your Max2Play device. You can integrate these commands into existing home automation software and voice control applications.
This plugin installs an FHEM server for home automation, which is used for the automated operation of actuators such as light switches or heating as well as the recording of sensor information such as room temperature or humidity.
- Heating Control System
- Samsung / Panasonic / LG / Philips TV
- iTunes / Apple TV
- Kodi (XBMC)
- JawboneUP fitness data
- Garage access control
- Shutter control
- Solar system
- Intertechno („DIY store controlled sockets“)
- Phillipps HUE
- Amplifier of different manufacturers
- Several heating burners and thermal springs
This plugin is the system for monitoring and control of numerous objects and situations in the house. In the system, you can link devices for different functions. Max2Play together with a Raspberry Pi and the HomeMatic plugin to a remote control for these devices.
- Support of devices with a radio interface with 868.3 MHz
- Support of devices with an RS485 interface
- Heating and lighting management
- Temperature, air humidity and moisture measurement
- admission control
- Water, fire and motion detectors
- Weather station
- Presence detection via FritzBox and smartphone recognition via Wifi
- Homematic Historian Installer for extensive evaluations
You can find more information at the Homematic Forum (DE).
Sense HAT is a useful extension board for the Raspberry Pi. Max2Play offers a plugin which can display the recorded data in a clear table.
- Barometric pressure
- LED-matrix display (8×8)
- Joystick with 5 Buttons
Everything about the Sense HAT can be found in the official Starter Guide.
With this server you set up home automation integration of Squeezelite or set up Alexa voice control, all through its own web interface.
- Open Source
- 130 bindings for different devices
- Different User Interfaces
- Lots and lots of ways to configure your smart home
- Include openHAB in an external system
You can find out more about OpnHAB in the official documentation.
You can use our API-Examples to control your Max2Play device. You may also integrate these commands into your home automation system.
- works with Home Automation that can handle HTTP-requests
- control your Max2Play device via shortcuts
- simple Copy&Paste
- works with Squeezebox, Jivelite, Kodi
In our HowTo we explain how to use these API examples.
Raspberry Pi Camera
Installs a camera module connected to the Raspberry Pi to receive the video signal.
- Camera setup with a clear web interface
- Automatic recording with motion detection
- Comfortable camera management
Everything about the Raspberry Pi Camera can be found in the official Starter Guide.
A home automation always needs to be adapted to your own needs and desires. So that you can also reach this with Max2Play, HomeMatic and FHEM Server, there is the possibility to create your own plugins and publish it to the community. So many scenarios of home automation will be realized and the community will be a part of the project.