[LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

This topic contains 42 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  MarioM Moderator 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • 11. April 2019 at 16:34 #45026

That is it.

Thanks bt

11. April 2019 at 19:13 #45027

Super, danke

28. April 2019 at 19:30 #45167

Is it possible to use other pins for the rotery control, i seem to be needing the 24 for something other. 22/23 are free kan i use them and where to change them ?

3. Mai 2019 at 14:48 #45243

Hi Phanegem,

Sure you can amend the Rotary Control Script accordingly. Just make sure the GPIOs are suited for rotary use and work on your board.

12. Mai 2019 at 22:39 #45379

Hi there,

The functionality this plugin offers is definitely needed. I implemented a version myself but took a completely different direction.

-Used a digispark, a rotaty encoder, the arduino HID trinket library, and modified the script to generate a „Volume Up“, „Volume Down“, „Play/Stop Toggle“ signal through USB.
    -Also bought a unit that basically already does that (but it was more fun to build my own)
    -I run a background python process using the evdev library to capture events from my USB device and to send commands to the server through the REST API controlling the intended player’s volume.
    -It’s working well and I can just plug the knob in a USB port which is less of a hassle than dealing with GPIO. Last thing I need to figure out is how to have the plug in install process launch my python script as a background process on boot.

Can you help with that last part so I can make the plugin available for those who want it?

13. Mai 2019 at 7:50 #45380

Hi, it sounds intressting. Can you explain the hardware part of it.

thanks

13. Mai 2019 at 19:05 #45384

If you’re not a hacker type, you can just get the following hardware:
    https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Controle-De-Volume-USB-Altofalante-Do-Computador-Controlador-de-Volume-De-udio-Cabo-Ajustador-Uma-Tecla/32845548050.html

If you are the hacker type, you can use the following:
    -ATTiny dev board: https://www.ebay.com/p/Digispark-Kickstarter-Attiny85-Arduino-General-Micro-USB-Development-Board/1873410506?iid=113322552360
    -EC11 5 pin rotary switch encoder
    -Use the following Arduino script: rotaryKnobHID.ino in this github repo: https://github.com/thomashollier/max2play_knob

The github repo has the python scripts as well but it is all in progress so use at your own risk.

15. Mai 2019 at 11:11 #45408

Hi superVenicianFrog,

First of all, thanks for trusting Max2Play with your solution.

We have read your feedback and are adding a solution for start scripts to our Plugin Builder.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow 😉

16. Mai 2019 at 6:29 #45412

Great! Looking forward to seeing it. In the meantime, I hacked together a way to create, install, and start a systemd service during the plug in install. The service simply launches the python script. The next issue to solve is finding an elegant way to change the IP and MAC addresses, as well as the HID device name that the python script uses once the process is already running. I am thinking of a tmp file that the python script keeps an eye on but it seems a bit too hacky for my taste.
    Again, if you are interested, I put the plugin in its current state on github:

https://github.com/thomashollier/max2play_knob -> Usbvolumeknob.tar

16. Mai 2019 at 15:43 #45447

Hi superVenicianFrog,

That’s what we added to the Plugin Builder! 😀

A startscript that let’s you quickly add a script to be executed in systemd.
    You can get the additional script by making a Beta Update with the Plugin Builder installed.

Here’s a wiki article on how you set it up

Unfortunately, I’m out of the office for next week and a half but I’ll check out the plugin in detail when I’m back.

22. Mai 2019 at 10:06 #45470

many thanks for your efforts. What I would like to see in this plugin besides rotary encoders, HW on/off switch and IR support would be a „HW mute“ button.

BR
    George

25. Mai 2019 at 17:34 #45488

Hello Heiner,

Maybe it has been asked before, but is it possible to make the microSDcard ‚read-only‘, so that the card does not get corrupted when the power is accidentally removed.
    For the rest I am very satisfied with the Max2Play solution. I am using a Raspberry 2B with a HiFiBerry hat, together with a Squeezebox Touch and 2 Squeezebox Radios, all remotely controlled with the Android app Squeeze Ctrl from angryGoat.

27. Mai 2019 at 13:38 #45489

Hi tomsat,

There is a premium plugin called SD Card Write Protection for this very use case.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here