[LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 96 total)
  • 11. April 2019 at 16:34 #45026

That is it.

Thanks bt

11. April 2019 at 19:13 #45027

Super, danke

28. April 2019 at 19:30 #45167

Is it possible to use other pins for the rotery control, i seem to be needing the 24 for something other. 22/23 are free kan i use them and where to change them ?

3. Mai 2019 at 14:48 #45243

Hi Phanegem,

Sure you can amend the Rotary Control Script accordingly. Just make sure the GPIOs are suited for rotary use and work on your board.

12. Mai 2019 at 22:39 #45379

Hi there,

The functionality this plugin offers is definitely needed. I implemented a version myself but took a completely different direction.

-Used a digispark, a rotaty encoder, the arduino HID trinket library, and modified the script to generate a „Volume Up“, „Volume Down“, „Play/Stop Toggle“ signal through USB.
    -Also bought a unit that basically already does that (but it was more fun to build my own)
    -I run a background python process using the evdev library to capture events from my USB device and to send commands to the server through the REST API controlling the intended player’s volume.
    -It’s working well and I can just plug the knob in a USB port which is less of a hassle than dealing with GPIO. Last thing I need to figure out is how to have the plug in install process launch my python script as a background process on boot.

Can you help with that last part so I can make the plugin available for those who want it?

13. Mai 2019 at 7:50 #45380

Hi, it sounds intressting. Can you explain the hardware part of it.

thanks

13. Mai 2019 at 19:05 #45384

If you’re not a hacker type, you can just get the following hardware:
    https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Controle-De-Volume-USB-Altofalante-Do-Computador-Controlador-de-Volume-De-udio-Cabo-Ajustador-Uma-Tecla/32845548050.html

If you are the hacker type, you can use the following:
    -ATTiny dev board: https://www.ebay.com/p/Digispark-Kickstarter-Attiny85-Arduino-General-Micro-USB-Development-Board/1873410506?iid=113322552360
    -EC11 5 pin rotary switch encoder
    -Use the following Arduino script: rotaryKnobHID.ino in this github repo: https://github.com/thomashollier/max2play_knob

The github repo has the python scripts as well but it is all in progress so use at your own risk.

15. Mai 2019 at 11:11 #45408

Hi superVenicianFrog,

First of all, thanks for trusting Max2Play with your solution.

We have read your feedback and are adding a solution for start scripts to our Plugin Builder.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow 😉

16. Mai 2019 at 6:29 #45412

Great! Looking forward to seeing it. In the meantime, I hacked together a way to create, install, and start a systemd service during the plug in install. The service simply launches the python script. The next issue to solve is finding an elegant way to change the IP and MAC addresses, as well as the HID device name that the python script uses once the process is already running. I am thinking of a tmp file that the python script keeps an eye on but it seems a bit too hacky for my taste.
    Again, if you are interested, I put the plugin in its current state on github:

https://github.com/thomashollier/max2play_knob -> Usbvolumeknob.tar

16. Mai 2019 at 15:43 #45447

Hi superVenicianFrog,

That’s what we added to the Plugin Builder! 😀

A startscript that let’s you quickly add a script to be executed in systemd.
    You can get the additional script by making a Beta Update with the Plugin Builder installed.

Here’s a wiki article on how you set it up

Unfortunately, I’m out of the office for next week and a half but I’ll check out the plugin in detail when I’m back.

22. Mai 2019 at 10:06 #45470

many thanks for your efforts. What I would like to see in this plugin besides rotary encoders, HW on/off switch and IR support would be a „HW mute“ button.

BR
    George

25. Mai 2019 at 17:34 #45488

Hello Heiner,

Maybe it has been asked before, but is it possible to make the microSDcard ‚read-only‘, so that the card does not get corrupted when the power is accidentally removed.
    For the rest I am very satisfied with the Max2Play solution. I am using a Raspberry 2B with a HiFiBerry hat, together with a Squeezebox Touch and 2 Squeezebox Radios, all remotely controlled with the Android app Squeeze Ctrl from angryGoat.

27. Mai 2019 at 13:38 #45489

Hi tomsat,

There is a premium plugin called SD Card Write Protection for this very use case.

9. Juli 2019 at 23:10 #46241

Hi Heiner,
    re this volume topic, is there a way how to pass the squeezebox volume commands to a hifi receiver or stereo amp? My setup contains HiFiBerry Digi+ connected via tosslink to Stereo amplifier (Yamaha). I am able to control the volume of the stereo amp using network commands, so the ideal scenario would be to leave the Digi+ output to full (fixed) volume, and pass the volume control to the Yamaha amplifier.
    That would mean a command stored somewhere in a config which would act as Volume+ and Volume- to trigger the volume changes whenever a user adjusts volume from iPeng or other Squeezebox app.

Or alternatively, to be able to trigger the volume changes using LIRC functionality, and again bypass the SW volume adjustments.
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you.

12. Juli 2019 at 9:36 #46296

Hi Kops,

The command line option hw:1/hw:0, depending on the position of your sound card, enables hardware volume control.

You can find the commands for the volume control of Squeezebox in our API Examples plugin.

12. Juli 2019 at 17:13 #46301

Hi Heiner,
    I am not quite sure I follow your recommendation. Well, I understand your suggestion and I read other posts in this forum related to the HW volume controls (https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/volume-settings/).
    I have been playing with the command line options, and your suggested -o hw:1 -V Digital works the way that it disables the ability co control volume over the app (is kept constantly at 100%). But listen, the HiFiBerry Digi+ has no DAC nor AMP that could be controlled.

HiFiBerry:~ $ amixer -c1
    Simple mixer control 'Tx Source',0
      Capabilities: enum
      Items: 'S/PDIF RX' 'AIF'
      Item0: 'AIF'
    HiFiBerry:~ $ amixer -c1 scontrols
    Simple mixer control 'Tx Source',0
    HiFiBerry:~ $

My question was if there is a way how to use the app to control the volume (for instance iPeng), but have every volume changes forwarded to an external AMP device over HTTP request, or LIRC.
    The outcome would be that whenever someone tries to change the volume in the app, the actual volume adjustments would happen on the external amplifier. Max2Play would need to forward any requests for volume changes to either http commands (which would need to be set somewhere for each AMP manufactures, for instance DENON http://your_receiver_address/MainZone/index.put.asp?cmd0=PutMasterVolumeSet/-45.0), or to LIRC output (again using config for the given AMP user has attached).

16. Juli 2019 at 15:00 #46332

Hi Kops,

Okay, so you can get all the detailed documentation on the commands for Squeezebox control from our API-Examples. You can use the CLI for more detailed commands. Then, you would have to find a solution to connect these outputs to your specific hardware with commands as you mention. Then, you would need a solution to disable any actual volume change on the end of the software you actually use. Correct?

I’m not sure this is feasible but I will discuss it with our head developer in our next session.

17. Juli 2019 at 11:56 #46344

Hi Kops,

I spoke with our head developer and this setup is not really feasible on the Squeezebox side as you would have to work around all software commands regarding volume control.

The most convenient solution would probably be a home automation app’s custom player volume control using your hardware’s API. We have a one-click installer of OpenHAB2 which probably fits the bill for this kind of setup.

17. Juli 2019 at 21:30 #46352

Hi Heiner,
    many thanks for checking with the devs and letting me know. I kind of expected such result, as it would require some additional development (for instance command line option to allow handling volume controls externally – forward these as external commands using specific config). Maybe as a feature request for the future 🙂

And yes, I am able to control the volume using home automation. But still, I miss the user comfort of apps like iPeng.
    Thank you.

28. Juli 2019 at 14:26 #46508

Hallo Heiner

Ich habe das Plugin jetzt auch bei mir eingefügt. Jetzt habe ich es auch hinbekommen dass es Befehle empfängt.

Zu meiner Konfiguration:
    Ich habe eine Original Logitech Squeezebox Touch Fernbedienung mit einem Infrarot Empfänger auf GPIO 25. Die LIRC Datei habe ich von der LIRC-Datenbank herunter geladen.

Das Problem ist jetzt: Die Befehle werden manchmal X-Mal ausgeführt. Somit springt der Balken im Jivlite mehrere Zeilen nach unten. Manchmal scheint eine Unendliche Schleife zu wirken und das Display blinkt dann.

Ich habe versucht die Befehle der Fernbedienung mit „irrecord“ aufzuzeichnen. Nur steht in der Ausgabedatei nicht viel sinnvolles.

begin remote

name  test
      bits            0
      flags CONST_LENGTH
      eps             0
      aeps            0

one             0     0
      zero            0     0
      gap          50000
      toggle_bit_mask 0x0
      frequency    38000

begin codes
              KEY_0                    0x0
          end codes

end remote

Kannst Du mir in dieser Hinsicht behilflich sein?

29. Juli 2019 at 9:37 #46513

Hallo Ivo,

Bei irrecord solltest du durch eine Reieh von Prompts geführt werden, wobei deine verschiedenen Tasten gemappt werden.

Hier wäre ein passendes Tutorial

29. Juli 2019 at 18:22 #46524

Hallo Heiner

Ich habe es gemaess diesem Tutorial und auch mit einem anderen ausgeführt. Das Ergebnis ist das selbe.
    Wie ich oben bereits geschrieben habe wird nichts schlaues in die Datei geschrieben.

Die Tasten der Fernbedienung kommen im Raspi an. (Schade dass ich das Bild nicht einstellen kann)

Das Ergebnis:

# Please take the time to finish this file as described in
    # https://sourceforge.net/p/lirc-remotes/wiki/Checklist/
    # and make it available to others by sending it to
    # <[email protected]>
    #
    # This config file was automatically generated
    # using lirc-0.9.4c(default) on Mon Jul 29 18:08:32 2019
    # Command line used: -d /dev/lirc0 /home/pi/lircd-fernbedienung.conf
    # Kernel version (uname -r): 4.19.30-v7+
    #
    # Remote name (as of config file): fernbedienung
    # Brand of remote device, the thing you hold in your hand:
    # Remote device model nr:
    # Remote device info url:
    # Does remote device has a bundled capture device e. g., a
    #     usb dongle? :
    # For bundled USB devices: usb vendor id, product id
    #     and device string (use dmesg or lsusb):
    # Type of device controlled
    #     (TV, VCR, Audio, DVD, Satellite, Cable, HTPC, ...) :
    # Device(s) controlled by this remote:

begin remote

name  fernbedienung
      bits            0
      flags CONST_LENGTH
      eps             0
      aeps            0

one             0     0
      zero            0     0
      gap          50000
      toggle_bit_mask 0x0
      frequency    38000

begin codes
              KEY_0                    0x0
          end codes

end remote

Der „irrecord“ teilt mir am Schluss mit, dass die Datei erstellt wurde.

Hast Du noch eine weitere Idee?

6. Oktober 2019 at 15:51 #47236

The infrared part works well. I had to define my own remote, which also worked fine. What would be good is to have a way of submitting our remote controller definitions to you, so they can be added into a library and therefore build up a list of working remotes.

Best Regards, Anthony

6. Oktober 2019 at 16:00 #47237

As regards buttons. It would be great if you could enter a table of PIN numbers (whether pull up or down) and associated commands.
    I have created my own program (happy to send it to you if you want) which sets up the following associations, but it would be better if your plug in did this:

# Pin definitions
    VOL_UP = 21
    VOL_DOWN = 22
    NEXT = 24
    PREVIOUS = 20
    PLAY_PAUSE = 16
    ONE = 17
    TWO = 27
    THREE = 9
    FOUR = 11
    SHUTDOWN = 10

def FvolUp(channel):
    command = ‚mixer&p1=volume&p2=%2B‘ + VOL_INCR
    execute (command)

def FvolDown(channel):
    command = ‚mixer&p1=volume&p2=-‚ + VOL_INCR
    execute (command)

def Fnext(channel):
    command = ‚playlist&p1=jump&p2=%2B1‘
    execute (command)

def Fprevious(channel):
    command = ‚playlist&p1=jump&p2=-1‘
    execute (command)

def FplayPause(channel):
    command = ‚pause‘
    execute (command)

def Fone(channel):
    command = ‚playlist&p1=play&p2=__playlists/One‘
    execute (command)

def Ftwo(channel):
    command = ‚playlist&p1=play&p2=__playlists/Two‘
    execute (command)

def Fthree(channel):
    command = ‚playlist&p1=play&p2=__playlists/Three‘
    execute (command)

def Ffour(channel):
    command = ‚playlist&p1=play&p2=__playlists/Four‘
    execute (command)

def Fshutdown(channel):
    call(„sudo shutdown –poweroff now“, shell=True)

21. Februar 2020 at 16:37 #48050

Hallo.

Wenn ich GPIO out auf pin 24 stellen möchte und es speichere, dann stellt er immer wieder auf pin 17 zurück.
    Benötige aber pin 24! Was kann ich machen, das der Pin auch angenommen wird.

Christian

1. März 2020 at 13:32 #48106

Hurra, mein Jivelite-Musikplayer auf einem Raspberry Pi 3+ mit HifiBerry DAC+ funktioniert! Nach längerer Suche habe ich auch eine Lösung für den Flirc-Dongle gefunden! Ich habe einfach die Datei /opt/jivelite/jivelite/share/jive/jive/InputToActionMap.lua nach meinen Ansprüchen editiert. Wichtig: Vorher ein Backup der Datei erstellen.

26. März 2020 at 16:12 #48277

Hi axarix,

Danke fürs Teilen deiner Erfahrung. Es freut uns zu hören, dass du Max2Play zu deiner Zufriedenheit eingerichtet hast! 🙂

31. Mai 2020 at 16:54 #48892

Hi,

ich habe seit vielen Jahren Max2Play in 3 Räumen auf 3 Raspi 3b+, jeweils mit einem HifiBerry Amp2.
    In jedem Raum gibt es einen zweiten Raspi mit 7″ Touchscreen, dort läuft Jivelite und die Justboom SmartRemote.

Das Setup lief seit Jahren stabil. Schwächen lagen nicht im M2P begründet, sondern eher in der WLAN Stabilität.

Seit einigen Wochen funktioniert bei den Fernbedienungen die Lautstärke nicht mehr. Jivelite funktioniert super, die Smartremote funktioniert super mit Ausnahme der VolUp und Vol-.

Kann es sein, daß im Rahmen Eurer Fixes die Codes geändert wurden und dieses Problem auslöst? Hat jemand anderes ein vergleichbares Problem?

Danke
    Jochenvl

2. Juni 2020 at 14:55 #48913

Hallo Jochenvl,

Versuche bitte das Keymapping der Smart Remote im Justboom Plugin manuell anzupassen oder auf die Standardeinstellungen zurückzusetzen.

2. Juni 2020 at 16:21 #48920

Hi MarioM,

vielen Dank, daß Du antwortest. Ich habe es auf Standard zurückgesetzt und auch neugestartet, hat aber nix geholfen.

Ich habe auch im dritten Raum (der bis dato keine Fernbedienung hatte) die Smartremote per Standard installiert und den Plug eingesetzt – exakt das gleiche Ergebnis – alles funzt außer Lautstärke.

Ich habe jetzt also ein identisches Problem aus dem Nichts zeitgleich auf 3 Jivelites – da muß ich mich schon fragen, ob es eine Art zentraler Change gab??

Gruß
    Jochen

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here