Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jamesb premium 22 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 28. November 2018 at 15:38 #42371

Hi Max2Play Community,

We have been working on a Hardware Control Plugin to give everyone a chance to set up control features like rotary encoders, infrared receivers and any other device you might want to use with Max2Play.

Now we need your help to make sure it is as great and optimally configured as it can be!

So far, we have added an option for hardware volume control with a rotary encoder and an option for infrared control of Jivelite, MPD and Squeezelite. We also recently updated our support of the JustBoom Smart Remote to have all buttons‘ bindings work with Jivelite.
    If this is a universal binding for most Pi remotes, we might also add it to the Hardware Control Plugin. So if you have a USB remote by any other company that works with this setup from the JustBoom plugin, please let us know.

The Hardware Control Plugin is currently still in beta but you can already check it out with an active license and give us feedback here:

What else would you like to see in the plugin?

Which hardware control product for Pi would work great with Max2Play?

What do you use to control your Max2Play system?

Here is the link to install the Hardware Control Plugin in beta.

We look forward to your responses 🙂

9. Dezember 2018 at 13:24 #42618

hi,

i’ve tried a flirc usb dongle without success, do i need to change the ir codes in the config file? if so what are the new parameters please?

thanks.

10. Dezember 2018 at 11:31 #42630

Hi james,

Editing should not be necessary. Which software do you want to control?

10. Dezember 2018 at 20:17 #42639

Hi Heiner,

I’d like to use a Flirc USB dongle for IR remote control of squeezelite / jivelite. I’ve programmed the dongle but not had any success with this plug in. Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

11. Dezember 2018 at 13:46 #42658

Hi James,

FLIRC is a bit different than a direct IR receiver soldered on the Pi.

The dongle emulates a normal keyboard as your IR remote so it should automatically be recognized as an input device.

You can check the different key bidings on a PC to see if they fit for your dongle.

12. Dezember 2018 at 1:00 #42708

Hi Heiner,

You are right, I don’t need this plug in. I simply used Flirc to map my remote control to the jivelite keyboard shortcuts which if found here -> https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-lirc/blob/master/jivekeys.csv

Cheers,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here