[NEW UPDATE] Spotify Connect Server – beta available!

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [NEW UPDATE] Spotify Connect Server – beta available!

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • 11. September 2017 at 16:16 #31267

Hi mark,

Unfortunately, Spotify Connect is only available for Raspberry Pi.

The Odroid images are based on a different system, Ubuntu and thus cannot utilize the same packages and scripts.

11. September 2017 at 16:38 #31269

OK. Thanks for your reply.

14. September 2017 at 17:14 #31333

Hi All,

First, congratulations for this wonderful distribution that simplifies your life when you want to install SqueezeBox system.

I’ve a question about Squeezebox player and Spotify Connect compatibility: may I run both on the same Raspberry? I don’t want multi-room feature in that case but simply allow my guest to easily put music through their Spotify client on their smartphone instead of using the remote control or my squeezebox touch.

Last but not least, I suppose it is possible for anyone connected to my network to control the Raspberry with their Spotify account. Or is it mandatory to use my Spotify account?

Thx for your help.
    Antony

15. September 2017 at 9:37 #31337

Hi Anthony,

Both Spotify instances should work on the same Pi. However, make sure that the playback outputs do not overlap as Spotify Connect and Squeezelite are individual players that need individual outputs (e.g. Squeezelite -> sound card output, Spotify Connect -> HDMI output). We are currently working on a Soft-Off feature to allow both players to interact and use the same output, but this is still not ready. Of course, you can also manually start and stop the one you want to use for the output device of your choice.

With Spotty for Squeezebox, the Login happens with your account for the first and keeps using this login. With Spotify Connect, you also need your own Login to get it started. But then you should be able to use any Spotify app with any account to play to it.

15. September 2017 at 14:28 #31346

Hi.

Ok. Thx for your reply. So up to now, it is better to use different RPi.

Regards,
    Antony

26. September 2017 at 9:47 #31552

Thanks for the Spotify Connect Server. It makes the use of Spotify while streaming much easier. I have some findings and requests on this:
    1. I already saw the problem with the maximum volume mentioned. I hope this will be resolved soon. This habit is very dangerous for your speakers and eardrums. Moreover there seem to be some latency in the volume (more than the Spotty app on Squeezebox).
    2. While installing Spotify Connect I saw a message that the bitrate was changed to 320K. But when I look into the debugging information I see a default of 160K. Do I have to change this if I want to use 320k in every case?
    3. To be sure on the last point it should be convenient if the actual playback bitrate is showed on the screen, equal to the Squeezebox (that says 1411 kbps converted to PCM, is this right if 320K is the max?)
    4. When I start another device with Spotify and my account installed. Playback stops and I have to select using the max2play device again. I’m not sure if this is a Spotify of Max2play issue.

26. September 2017 at 14:49 #31562

Hi sveenma,

Thanks for the feedback. We always try to make our plugins as comfortable and accessible as possible.

The bitrate is automatically set to 320. The info is just that this is the default of the underlying software. However, Max2Play changes it to 320. You can still change it to another parameter in the command line options.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here