Our partner Allo recently released two new sound cards to the public! The MiniBOSS is a smaller version of the Allo BOSS for Raspberry Pi Zero with its own master clock, the first Master DAC for the RPi Zero on this market. The DigiOne is Allo’s first digi board. With its high-end technical specs, it is one of the most modern digital S/PDIF transporters for the Raspberry Pi with a BNC audio output which allows for an absolute minimum of interference and jitter. Both sound cards are supported by our Allo Plugin and can be purchased in our Max2Play Shop.
The Allo DigiOne emphasizes the minimization of interferences and jitter. To achieve this, Allo added an integrated reclocker and the special BNC output to the board. This addition to the normal RCA output has its own reason. According to the engineers at Allo, the standard TOSlink connection has an interference rate of 4 ns (nano seconds). With the BNC output, the integrated reclocker, and the optimized, new composition, the DigiOne can achieve a stream with just 411.4 fs (femto seconds) of interference. This amounts to just a ten-thousandth of the usual TOSlink interference. However, since the BNC output is not common on every DAC, the board also offers an alternative RCA output.
- Based on WM8805
- 10 LDOs and 12 LPF
- Galvanic isolation
- NDK oscillators
- Interference rate under 0.411ps (pico seconds)
- noise under 50uV
- Master SPDIF configuration
The MiniBOSS by Allo, based on the PCM5122, is the smaller brother of the BOSS DAC, that is compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero (also works on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3). Similar to its big brother, it also offers the golden RCA connectors and its own masterclock to have dedicated clocking on board. Therefore, the MiniBOSS is the first master DAC on the market that is made for and compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero.
What makes the BOSS DAC’s so speical is their splitting of three channels with various filters. One channel handles the digital conversion, one is responsible for stereo-analogue and the third is responsible for the two clocks. This ensures a reduced amount of interference and a more precise clocking.
- Dedicated 384 kHz/32bit high-quality DAC PCM5122 for best sound quality
- Two golden RCA connectors
- Automatic switch of frequency depending on the I2S input signal
- Dual low jitter NDK crystal oscillators for Master Clock generation
- Supports sample rates between 8 kHz and 384 kHz
- Ultra-low-noise-Voltage-Regulator and Low Pass Filter for optimal audio performance
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write protection)
- Dimensions (LBH): 65mm * 42mm * 22mm