Forum Replies Created
9. September 2017 at 11:22 #31229
I eventually spent some more time investigating the access point login issues I was having.
After the reboot, all wireless devices can connect normally to the access point „max2play“.
Both options available „Default3 and „nl80211“ appear to behave the same way. I have selected „nl80211“ as I have a RSP3.
So my original problem was solved by a simple reboot, as you suggested. Thanks.
Now the access point took address 192.168.189.1 creating a separate network segment. However the rest of my home device are on 192.168.178.x, including other access points.
Is there a way to force the max2play AP to take an IP address 192.168.178.x (the 1 is already taken by the main router of the home)?
I believe some wireless services, like AirPrint are not supported if the devices do not share the same network …
16. August 2017 at 14:14 #30662
- This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by gmorel.
Ok, I’ll try the reboot tonight and report back.
Some additional information:
I have no audioplayer running (so far I only use the RSP to run LMS and, ideally, to be a WiFi access point for internet connectivity)
Therefore I do need/have an ethernet cable connected to the RSP3.15. August 2017 at 19:35 #30651
Below is the debug log of the accesspoint.
I have tried both the default and the nl80211 options without really seeing a difference.
Should I power cycle the RSPY when I make changes?
Thanks for your support,
#### DNSMASQ Installed ####
Status: install ok installed
#### HOSTAPD Installed ####
Status: install ok installed
#### WiFi Interface Installed ####
#### DNSMASQ Running ####
5 S 115 650 1 0 80 0 – 2001 – ? 00:00:02 dnsmasq
#### HOSTAPD Running ####
5 S 0 940 1 0 80 0 – 1479 – ? 00:00:23 hostapd15. August 2017 at 12:10 #30635
After being double hit last month (Spotify triod plugin blocked and LMS blocked by the QNAP NAS s/w update) I could successfully switch to a Spotty plugin + MAX2PLAY 2.44 + Raspberry PI 3B solution. Considering my little expertise in Linux, the system works very well and was rather easy to setup. Recommended!
I have one residual issue related to the Accesspoint access (on-board WiFi RSPI3, no external dongle). All the wireless devices I have tried can see the max2play accesspoint, and the DEBUG info is clean on the M2P AP initialization is clean.
However I only managed to connect to the max2play AP using a Windows7 laptop. For all other devices (iPhone7, wireless HP printer, Samsung Android) that I have tried, the connection is rejected (with different generic error messages „connection could not be established“, „connection timed out“, „wrong password“ …).
The issue looks similar to the one of gapmedia/Simon, but the setup and the s/w versions were very different. This thread is pretty long, and it is hard to understand for me what is actually applicable to my problem.
Anyway, thanks for your work, as it saved a big multi-room Squeezebox investment.