Unsure how to configure setup

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Unsure how to configure setup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1. Februar 2018 at 15:39 #33791

I have an IQaudio Dac+ setup to replace my squeezebox which I control with Squeezer.
    What I dont understand is – should Squeezer now connect to Max2Play or my NAS which is running SqueezeServer already?
    If so how can I make it see the NAS? I cant figure out how to enter the mountpoint
    I have tried //Zoneripper /shared/Music cifs and then the user and password combo but it does not accept it
    Alternatively can I keep it pointed to the instance on my NAS? This worked, until I rebooted the Pi via Max2Play as the output was too low, now Squeezer is erratic – sometimes it cant see the NAS, and when it does it can see the music but not play it.

I dont understand what the ideal setup should be, so I have no idea what I need to be configuring and testing.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Februar 2018 at 15:11 #33814

Hi timb,

– The apps and other controlling software of Squeezebox connects to the server for control. Make sure your NAS is connected to the same network and that both devices do not have any potential blocking software.

– Try using the IP of your mount’s device instead of the name, also try adding a custom login if you have not yet.

– If you have not yet, try using ethernet or change the position of your device in the WiFi network.

27. Februar 2018 at 19:20 #34123

More generally I dont understand how this should work.
    Everything is connected fine on the same lan and no firewalls.
    Squeezer can connect to max2play as long as squeezebox server is running. But if it does it cant see my music.
    Should squeezer be connecting to my nas or max2play?
    If max2play then why cant it see the nas files?
    Is this what the file mount settings are for? I can’t get them to work.

27. Februar 2018 at 19:21 #34124

If I need to file mount is there a more detailed guide? The options are explained in a way that I can determine what data I need to enter?

28. Februar 2018 at 16:59 #34144

Hi timb,

There are several 🙂

Wiki on Mounting
    Wiki on SambaShare
    Wiki on Fritz-Mount (German)
    Youtube Video I did

However, fundamentally, I am not sure about your setup. Do you still have the LMS running on the NAS? If so, you just need the players on the Pi’s and now mounting or server it whatsoever. They are all controlled on one LMS and Squeezer just accesses it and lets you control all players connected to this server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here