Max2Play now offers the new Shanti dual power supply from Allo! The special feature of this linear regulated power supply are the two outputs (5.2V/3A and 5.2V/1.2A) for a separate power supply of the Raspberry Pi and a sound card. So you no longer need two single power supplies for sound cards like the Allo BOSS or DigiOne Signature. Instead, you can connect your system directly to this high-quality power supply and enjoy low-noise audio. The included adapters also ensure that you can easily integrate the Shanti power supply into your setup.
The power supply unit uses an R-Core transformer to provide extremely low noise, electromagnetic interference and common mode interference.
The Allo Shanti has a mains filter. The AC side is grounded in the housing. During internal tests (in a realistic environment), the manufacturer measured approx. 80 nV (0.08 uV noise from 0 to 20 kHz) – comparable to the extremely low mains noise of batteries.
Shanti’s strengths at a glance:
- Extremely low differential and common mode noise
- Very low impedance and low electron reservoir due to output supercapacitors
- Two outputs (galvanically isolated) 5.2V at 3A and 5.2V at 1.2A
- Power supply for several devices (RPI 2/3/4 and sound card)
- Multiple adapters for flexible applications
The transformer has two outputs (galvanically isolated) of 5.2V/3A and 5.2V/1.2A, so that several devices (RPI 2/3/4 including sound card) can be supplied with power. In addition, Allo has built-in independent filter components on each side:
First a capacitor to reduce the 50/60 Hz noise, then an active filter, followed by an LDO (low-dropout regulator) to keep the voltage stable. Since LDOs have bad transients and impedances, Allo has added another active filter (with good transients) and capacitors with more than 15,000 uF. But most importantly there are supercapacitors added directly at the output. The resulting power comes from the Super Caps.
The package includes two mains cables – one for UK outlets and one for Euro outlets.
Also included are a total of five coaxial power plug adapters and two USB cables:
- 1x DC 5.5 X 2.1mm input to 5.5 X 2.5mm output
- 1x DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input to 4.0 X 1.7mm Output
- 1x DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input to 4.8 X 1.7mm Output
- 1x DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input to 3.5 X 1.35mm Output
- 1x DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input to Micro USB Output
- 1x DC 5.5 X 2.1mm Input to USB Type C Output
Ideal for the following bundles: