Wifi does not show up in the selection for setup

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Wifi does not show up in the selection for setup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 30. April 2018 at 11:47 #35385

Good day,

I am trying to setup max2play.

I am able to connect via the automatic WLAN „max2play“.
    When I am trying to connect to my WLAN, the interface does not show my WLAN after the scan, but some others WLAN in the area pop up.

Typing in the name does not work either.

What to do?

3. Mai 2018 at 10:10 #35505

Hi Hans,

Does your WiFi have WPS? You can try using our WPS protocol, here’s how it works.

3. Mai 2018 at 14:29 #35513

Good day and thank you for your reply.

It still does not work, which is strange because all I changed is the router (same model) and I updated max2play to 2.45.

This is what I did:

– Connected to max2play via the network “max2play” – all fine
    – tried to change the Wifi-network, but it did not show up in the selection although it is the strongest network in the area. Many other networks do show up
    – tried to connect by typing name and password of the Wifi-network
    – placed the RPi 3 next to the router
    – tried WPS several times
    – Installed a previous version of max2play

It is all fine, when I connect to the max2play-wifi, it just won’t find my wifi-network.

My wifi is working fine with all other devices (iMac/PC/Android/iPad/iPhone/ etc.)

Regards

Hans

P.S.
    It all worked fine before with exactly the same hardware. Nice multiroom-sound-system with two stereo-systems (RPi3/Hifiberry DAC) and two old Transistor Radios (RPi zero w/Hifiberry mini amp).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by hans.
    7. Mai 2018 at 14:45 #35554

Have you tried connecting via LAN and then trying to find your WiFi, yet?

8. Mai 2018 at 21:02 #35602

Good day,

unfortunately the setup still does not work.

I connected via LAN but my Wifi does not show up in the selection, other Wifi do.

I did reset, updated, tried various ways, my Wifi is still not showing up.

Regards

Hans

9. Mai 2018 at 11:58 #35617

Are you sure it is not protected, hidden or under another protocol than WPA2?

14. Mai 2018 at 20:21 #35686

Hello,

I had the same issue on my RPi3 after a complete new setup with 2.46.
    When scanning for available networks, all my SSID’s (using Cisco AP) did not show up, just one foreign SSID.

What helped me, was changing the used driver in the /etc/network/interfaces file:

Old:
    pre-up wpa_supplicant -B w -D wext -i wlan0 -c /opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf
    New:
    pre-up wpa_supplicant -B w -D nl80211 -i wlan0 -c /opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf

Hope that helps
    Sey

14. Mai 2018 at 22:30 #35689

Thank you, I will try this in four months … I will be travelling until September. 🙂

Regards

Hans

14. Mai 2018 at 22:30 #35690

Thank you, I will try this in four months … I will be travelling until September. 🙂

Regards

Hans

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here