Tagged: Wifi WLAN setup
30. April 2018 at 11:47 #35385
I am trying to setup max2play.
I am able to connect via the automatic WLAN „max2play“.
When I am trying to connect to my WLAN, the interface does not show my WLAN after the scan, but some others WLAN in the area pop up.
Typing in the name does not work either.
What to do?3. Mai 2018 at 10:10 #35505
Does your WiFi have WPS? You can try using our WPS protocol, here’s how it works.3. Mai 2018 at 14:29 #35513
Good day and thank you for your reply.
It still does not work, which is strange because all I changed is the router (same model) and I updated max2play to 2.45.
This is what I did:
– Connected to max2play via the network “max2play” – all fine
– tried to change the Wifi-network, but it did not show up in the selection although it is the strongest network in the area. Many other networks do show up
– tried to connect by typing name and password of the Wifi-network
– placed the RPi 3 next to the router
– tried WPS several times
– Installed a previous version of max2play
It is all fine, when I connect to the max2play-wifi, it just won’t find my wifi-network.
My wifi is working fine with all other devices (iMac/PC/Android/iPad/iPhone/ etc.)
It all worked fine before with exactly the same hardware. Nice multiroom-sound-system with two stereo-systems (RPi3/Hifiberry DAC) and two old Transistor Radios (RPi zero w/Hifiberry mini amp).
14. Mai 2018 at 20:21 #35686
- This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by hans.
I had the same issue on my RPi3 after a complete new setup with 2.46.
When scanning for available networks, all my SSID’s (using Cisco AP) did not show up, just one foreign SSID.
What helped me, was changing the used driver in the /etc/network/interfaces file:
pre-up wpa_supplicant -B w -D wext -i wlan0 -c /opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf
pre-up wpa_supplicant -B w -D nl80211 -i wlan0 -c /opt/max2play/wpa_supplicant.conf
Hope that helps
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.