Synology Mount Issue

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 26. August 2016 at 12:09 #22599

Hello together,

i searched the forums and internet regarding my mount issue, also watched the video but could not find any help:

I use a raspberry Pi 3 as Squeezebox Server. In my network i use a Synology NAS for the music storage – now of course i want to mount in the m2p settings the respective folder:

In Windows 10 it’s easily reachable by: „\\192.168.178.25\music“

I tried many different ways to mount it – according to my understanding the following should work:
    //192.168.178.25/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    user=admin,password=admin,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8 (where user and password are the ones i use to login into my synology via webinterface, the real password uses some special characters like „&“)

I always get the error „Hinzufügen nicht möglich! Bitte Anleitung beachten!“

If i push the button „Show network devices“ i can’t see my Synology diskstation – only some other network devices and the FritzBox Router i use.

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot!

Regards
    Tobias

P.s. „Otherwise“, i LOVE to use M2P – Thanks a lot for it!

26. August 2016 at 14:53 #22631

…found the solution myself: After resetting to the original settings and trying again with the settings shown above it worked…

21. Dezember 2016 at 5:55 #25095

I am posting here as I have a similar problem to Tobias and I have not been able to solve on my own.
    Please help me if you can !

I just installed a raspberry Pi 3 as Squeezebox Server. It works great , temporarily set up a USB hard drive to test and I got that figured out no problem.
    I just installed a new Synology NAS (216J) for the permanent music storage. I know nothing about NAS devices and very little about networking in general. I can see the NAS in windows and also can see the“//SYNOLOGYNAS/music“ folder when I hit the “ show network devices “ botton in max2play web interface
    I enabled user “ guest “ in the NAS and gave is a password “ password“

I tried a couple of ways to mount it:

//192.168.2.16/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    user=guest,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

//SYNOLOGYNAS/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs

I always get the following error:

„mount error: could not resolve address for SYNOLOGYNAS: Unknown error
    Mountpoint NOT added! Please refer to the description below! “

But there is no description below.

This is driving me crazy so any help would be appreciated. Keep in mind by NAS and max2play setup knowledge is very limited.

Ross

3. Januar 2017 at 15:47 #25404

Hi Ross,
    Sorry about your troubles. Have you tried resetting to the original settings like Tobias did? Also, please check out the video I did on the Filesystem Mount plugin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5B1GVJJGG4

3. Januar 2017 at 17:54 #25417

Heiner,

I started a new thread for my problems since there was no response to comments on this thread which in hind site was likely a result of the xmas holidays. That thread has more information about my numerous attempts I made to get the NAS mounted. I have summarized those comments below to keep in the one thread if that is your desire. Also note it appears I am not alone in the problem I am experiencing as there is a comment from someone else experiencing the same issue.

I have watched your video numerous times to see if there was anything I had missed and also tried resetting to original settings like Tobias did but nothing worked.

Note I renamed my NAS to DISKSERVER in the DSM software. Note also that my network share paths show up when I hit the ” show network devices ” botton in max2play web interface and I can access these from my windows computers in the house and remotely using the NAS remote access software like DS file. Also I can get what first appears to be successful mounts according to max2play when I do not follow the exact syntax you show in your help file and video . Unfortuneately when I get the successful mounts the folders are empty when when accessing through squeezebox web server interface or kodi.
    Here is the summary of the settings I have tried.

Attempt No.1 Settings:

//192.168.2.23/share/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    user=admin,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8
    No.1 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.2 Settings:

//192.168.2.23/share
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    user=admin,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8
    No.2 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.3 Settings:

//DISKSERVER/share/
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    No.3 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.4 Settings:

//DISKSERVER/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    No.4 Result : Failed to mount

Attempt No.5 Settings:

DISKSERVER/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    No.5 Result : Mounted successfully however the contents of the folder /mnt/share are empty in both squeezebox web interface and kodi

Attempt No.6 Settings:

http://DISKSERVER/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs
    No.6 Result : Mounted successfully however the contents of the folder /mnt/share are empty in both squeezebox web interface and kodi

Attempt No.7 Settings:

http://DISKSERVER/music
    /mnt/share
    cifs

No.7 Result : Mounted successfully however the contents of the folder /mnt/share are empty in both squeezebox web interface and kodi

4. Januar 2017 at 18:41 #25531

This summarises my problem mounting my asustor NAS exactly..

16. Januar 2017 at 15:21 #25951

Hi steveplatto,
    Please try following the same fix as airheader did here: https://www.max2play.com/forums/topic/another-synology-mounting-problem/#post-25800

2. Februar 2017 at 11:10 #26555

Hello,

I go nuts on this ! I have done all the testa these people have done and more and I have created a
    new user with a new password in my Synology NAS (DS213) as indicated by the link above,
    but still no success ! Did even Reboot the NAS.

The error is always: „mount error: could not resolve address for ….“

Directory created: /mnt/my_music
    mount error: could not resolve address for PSV: Unknown error
    Mountpoint NOT added! Please refer to the description below!

I enter the following:
    Path Mountpoint Type Options
    //PSV/musik /mnt/my_music cifs user=newname,password=newpw,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

In Volumio witch I am also using on and off I had to set the path to: PSV:/volume1/musik

Any way to test this, find out what is going wrong in controlled way?

Help really appreciated !

(( Kind regards, Phi

18. Juni 2019 at 10:00 #45817

Hi Phi,

Sorry about the hassle, could you try using the IP address of the NAS instead of its name and add the „,vers=X.0“ at the end depending on the version of SMB your Synology uses.

You can also have a look at this guide on mounting NAS from our recent article series.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here