Squeezebox server waveinput plugin or Line-in with USB soundcard

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Squeezebox server waveinput plugin or Line-in with USB soundcard

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 7. Dezember 2016 at 5:15 #24614

Watching the development of the bluetooth streaming to multi squeezelite player made me wonder if the next step could be for Max2play to include analogue input through USB soundcard. I don’t know how you pulled this off but I’m thinking it had to do with a variation of the waveinput plugin. I know some people were able to get it to work with a cirrus or wolfson soundcard but that audio interface is hard to get where I live. I’ve attempted unsuccessfully to install waveinput, liquidsoap, darkice and icecast2 on a Pi3 with a USB soundcard and was wondering if that would not be an interest from Max2play to develop such a plugin to help the non-programmers like me.

Ideally I would like to stream vinyls in lossless and preferably in 24/96 from a turntable to squeezelite devices.

13. Januar 2017 at 17:17 #25883

Hi robi,
    Sorry about the late response. I moved your topic to the Ideas/Wishes forum. We will consider this request in future development.

12. August 2017 at 23:26 #30581

Definitely a +1 from me. Would be great to include Chromecast Audio or Record Players. Especially, because the Bluetooth plugin is really unstable for me (rpi3 with Google Pixel and ue Boom 2).

https://iotsblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/wireless-streaming-vinyl-to-squeezebox/ is a great starting point.

This is not straight forward working for Pulseaudio, unfortunately, especially for digital (S/PDIF) input.

2. November 2017 at 0:07 #32245

Count me in. That would be pretty smart to enable a Line In or similar (SPIF?) via Plug In. And then my Cirrus card would show it’s full potential.

9. Januar 2019 at 0:50 #43280

This is what I’m looking at right now as well, I have the UCA-222 that was mentioned in the iotsblog posted above. Does anyone know how to get the squeeze server in Max2Play to play the stream from the UCA… Also is it possible to auto run the stream on start up. I would honestly like to move to a HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC (https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/boards/hifiberry-dac-adc/) instead of the USB input in the future

20. Mai 2020 at 16:48 #48827

Hi everyone,

just a quick update on Waveinput with Max2Play: If you use the Waveinput plugin in the LMS, enter „wavin:plughw:1“ as the URL when adding a favorite. The number behind „plughw:“ corresponds to the slot assigned to your sound card. Use the „arecord -l“ command (small L) to find out which one it is.

17. Mai 2021 at 20:52 #51256

Hi everyone

I have a ‚master‘ max2play with a hifiberry amp and wanted a line input too.

It was dead simple…

I had max2play in a working setup, as my main squeezebox server which serves 4 other pi’s. This one was setup with the hifiberry amp. I bought a Behringer U-Control UCA202 USB Audio Interface 2-in/2-out (externe USB Soundkarte)

– activated the waveinput plugin in lms.
    – connected the UCA202 with a chromecast audio connected to it.
    – ssh into the box (pi/max2play)
    – arecord -l to find the sound card number. (1 in my case).
    – sudo reboot
    Had to change the hifiberry amp from „-o hw:1 -V Digital -C 5″ to „-o hw:2 -V Digital -C 5″. Was easy peasy because max2play told me to do so 🙂
    – in lms I added a favorite: url „wavin:plughw:1“ where the final 1 is the number found with arecord -l
    Selected the favorite and casted to it, done.

With my previous fiddling with icecast/darkice as a streamserver it worked too: downsides were that I had to use another raspberry pi and I had to set the volume almost to max. If you switch to another source that’s enough to scare the hell out of my home rabbit 🙂

23. August 2021 at 13:27 #51588

Any recent news on this? I would love an easy way to have a line-in input 🙂

23. August 2021 at 21:26 #51595

Is my solution not feasable? Or do you have another use case?

24. August 2021 at 9:02 #51597

Indeed, I was hoping for something a little simpler, like an out-of-the-box solution from Max2Play. My time for tinkering is limited these days…

But since you appear willing to help, I have a question 😉 What do you mean by this?
    << change the hifiberry amp from „-o hw:1 -V Digital -C 5″ to „-o hw:2 -V Digital -C 5″. >>

Thanks

24. August 2021 at 17:35 #51598

Since in my case it’s a second sound card you have to change this in the settings tab for squeezelite.

when you do the arecord -l command you see which number is attributed to the capture (hence the record in the arecord command)

All in all it’s five minutes work. When it works immediately of course 😀

Link with some screenshots: Images

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by betawax.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by betawax. Reason: link to images did not work
    2. September 2021 at 19:40 #51619

Many thanks for the screenshots, that makes it very clear.

I’m off to buy the UCA202 then 🙂

3. September 2021 at 10:53 #51620

Keep us posted 🙂

28. September 2021 at 14:10 #51686

I just updated the other post regarding the wavin plugin. Maybe this helps. I got it to work.

Cannot Stream the Line In from HiFiBerry DAC – ADC through Squeezbox Server

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here