Squeezebox server waveinput plugin or Line-in with USB soundcard

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Squeezebox server waveinput plugin or Line-in with USB soundcard

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oli premium 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 7. December 2016 at 5:15 #24614

Watching the development of the bluetooth streaming to multi squeezelite player made me wonder if the next step could be for Max2play to include analogue input through USB soundcard. I don’t know how you pulled this off but I’m thinking it had to do with a variation of the waveinput plugin. I know some people were able to get it to work with a cirrus or wolfson soundcard but that audio interface is hard to get where I live. I’ve attempted unsuccessfully to install waveinput, liquidsoap, darkice and icecast2 on a Pi3 with a USB soundcard and was wondering if that would not be an interest from Max2play to develop such a plugin to help the non-programmers like me.

Ideally I would like to stream vinyls in lossless and preferably in 24/96 from a turntable to squeezelite devices.

13. January 2017 at 17:17 #25883

Hi robi,
    Sorry about the late response. I moved your topic to the Ideas/Wishes forum. We will consider this request in future development.

12. August 2017 at 23:26 #30581

Definitely a +1 from me. Would be great to include Chromecast Audio or Record Players. Especially, because the Bluetooth plugin is really unstable for me (rpi3 with Google Pixel and ue Boom 2).

https://iotsblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/wireless-streaming-vinyl-to-squeezebox/ is a great starting point.

This is not straight forward working for Pulseaudio, unfortunately, especially for digital (S/PDIF) input.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here