Squeezebox server only playing a few seconds of tracks..

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Squeezebox server only playing a few seconds of tracks..

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • 24. Juli 2017 at 22:13 #30111

Ok, so running mi piZero on piCorePlayer fixes the problem, but if I click on a Apple lossless file playing, it does display that it converts the song to FLAC with lower bitrate… So the same as the -e alac option on m2p…

Maybe piCorePlayer corrected the bug by forcing conversion to FLAC?

24. Juli 2017 at 22:29 #30113

@rwanou: No, PiCorePlayer does not force conversion to FLAC. Have you installed the Squeezelite Extensions and the FFMpeg libraries on the Main Page of the PiCorePlayer web interface? I think, some of this is necessary to be able to play ALAC files.
    If you have installed these things and it still converting them to FLAC, check your settings in Logitech Media Server (Settings –> Player –> Audio).

24. Juli 2017 at 22:45 #30114

Installing the FFMpeg librairies helped, thanks a lot!!

What do you mean by „Squeezelite Extensions“?

24. Juli 2017 at 22:49 #30115

Glad it helped. There is an option for updating the „Squeezelite Extensions“ (playback of WAV/AIFF, FLAC, MP3, OGG and AAC) on the Main Page. But I think they are installed by default, so there’s no need to install them manually.

24. Juli 2017 at 23:08 #30116

piCorePlayer 3.21 does not show this option, and my MP3s and AACs play well, so indeed I guess it’s all default now.

Thanks again, now I can start bragging that the sound is so much better from an ALAC than a downgraded FLAC 🙂

Funny how our brain influences our listening experience…

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here