[SOLVED] Spotify Connect does not start

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [SOLVED] Spotify Connect does not start

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • 17. Mai 2018 at 17:29 #35747

hello, i wish to make an update.
    i have now installed the Squeezebox Server (SS) and it solved my Spotify Connect problem
    Squeezebox Server with the Spoty plugin does the Connect function nicely, so I do not need the separate plugin.

only issue remaining is having the SS process the mount point to my NAS drive which contains all songs.
    also, for those trying to understand SqueezeLite, you do need a controller (i use Orange Squeeze on android)
    in order to have an UI and see your music library and of course, play music.

hong

18. Mai 2018 at 13:07 #35755

Hi guys, i write to ask if somebody other has problem with Spotify Connect. I have the same problem of „gchip7groundie“, i push START CONNECT and nothing happens..just this:

error: Unrecognized option: 'onstart'
    Usage: /opt/spotifyconnect/librespot [options]

Options:
    -c, --cache CACHE Path to a directory where files will be cached.
    --disable-audio-cache 
    Disable caching of the audio data.
    -n, --name NAME Device name
    --device-type DEVICE_TYPE
    Displayed device type
    -b, --bitrate BITRATE
    Bitrate (96, 160 or 320). Defaults to 160
    --onevent PROGRAM
    Run PROGRAM when playback is about to begin.
    -v, --verbose Enable verbose output
    -u, --username USERNAME
    Username to sign in with
    -p, --password PASSWORD
    Password
    --disable-discovery 
    Disable discovery mode
    --backend BACKEND
    Audio backend to use. Use '?' to list options
    --device DEVICE Audio device to use. Use '?' to list options if using
    portaudio
    --mixer MIXER Mixer to use
    --initial-volume VOLUME
    Initial volume in %, once connected (must be from 0 to
    100)
    --zeroconf-port ZEROCONF_PORT
    The port the internal server advertised over zeroconf
    uses.
    --enable-volume-normalisation 
    Play all tracks at the same volume
    --normalisation-pregain PREGAIN
    Pregain (dB) applied by volume normalisation

I reinstelld it and it doesnt work. Honestly it’s many time i dont use this Spotify Connect cause i used it on Spotty, but today i have problem even with Spotify Connect with Spotty, but in their forum they texted this:
    „Important note: Spotty in Connect mode currently is broken. There seem to be changes on Spotify’s end which break librespot/spotty. The librespot team is working on it, there have been changes last night to deal with the issue. Alas, I’m currently facing issues with the LMS integration. They’re not caused by that change, but likely by a change in some other library used by the code. Hopefully I’ll have a fix, soon…“
    Is this right or i m the only one to have problems with Spotify Connect on Spotty?

18. Mai 2018 at 13:33 #35757

hi,
    as far as the Filesystem mount, the web interface does not work!
    even if it states that it succeeded.
    i had to do the manual mount using the „sudo mount nfs“ command. afterwards, LMS had no trouble going to the NAS.

only way i have found to fix the Spotify-Connect start problem is to re-flash.
    i am not absolutely certain but the problem started when i started SqueezeLite.
    so now i have opted to use the Connect option of SqueezeBox Server and it is working somewhat.
    strangely, Spotify (both on android and windows) does not itself see the „max2play“ device,
    but my own app (on adroid using the web api) does see „max2play“.

antonio… where is the Spotty forum?
    i would like to keep up with the fix, which hopefully will be soon.

18. Mai 2018 at 13:34 #35758

Hi hong,

I will address the mount issue in the corresponding topic.

Regarding UI, you can also use the Squeezebox Server’s own web interface to control all aspects of playback for all Squeezelite players in the network.

18. Mai 2018 at 14:24 #35760

The message on forum is on this page: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108561-Announce-Spotty-2-0-0-Spotify-Connect-for-your-Squeezebox/page94 (i hope it s not a problem to insert a link to another page)

But in this moment are u using Spotify Connect from Spotty and it works!??! cause here doesnt work!I see my device on spotify for 2 seconds then it goes away.

About Spotify Connect on Max2play i reintelled it 2 times but nothing..it s not working!!!

18. Mai 2018 at 15:09 #35762

thanks antonio for the forum link. i did find it.
    no, i am not using the SpotifyConnect plugin. instead, i installed the SqueezeboxServer with Spotty plugin which has its own Connect option.
    but as you already know, there are issues with Connect at present.
    like you said, i see „max2play“ device appear and disappear.

at the moment, i have the best luck with my own android app and OrangeSqueeze.
    they see „max2play“ and i can stream Spotify just fine.
    strangely, at one point, i could play two separate sessions, one on max2play and another on my windows desktop!
    and i do not have a family plan…

hope either Spotify, Spotty or both can straighten things out, ‚cause things are quite confusing for the user.

18. Mai 2018 at 18:10 #35770

I think it s the normal function of spotty: with one account u can have 2/3 different player on spotty!I say this cause i use it usually and i have only one account premium!

But i hope problems with Connect will be resolved soon

18. Mai 2018 at 19:20 #35773

all players playing the same song? simultaneously?

18. Mai 2018 at 19:51 #35774

Yes,always!

15. Mai 2020 at 3:20 #48786

Could you please explain what you did?
    I’m new to max2play and can’t get my Pi Zero to autostart Spotify-Connect.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here