SPDIF output bitrate

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI SPDIF output bitrate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 20. Januar 2018 at 11:09 #33560

I have Max2play installed on a RPI3. I use LMS and squeezelite as a player. Sources are flac files on my NAS and the Spotty plugin. My output is spdif on a hifiberry digi+ pro. This combination (I call this my ‚player‘) plays very well and I have both used the coax and toslink output to different dac’s.

Currently I do some experiments with a secondary RPI and a USB coundcard with a spdif input. My intention is to make a dsp with this, but that’s not relevant for now. I want my player to be the input for the spdif (toslink) input of this USB soundcard. Unfortunately I can’t get this to work. The soundcard has a line in that plays well but I can’t use the spdif input. For debugging this I must be sure about the output of the player. My dac’s don’t show the bitrate. I assume it is 41100/16, is this right? This is independent of the source? Is it possible to change the bitrate of the output to 48000/16?

22. Januar 2018 at 14:13 #33588

Hi sveenma,

This seems to be related to this discussion, please try the same that Titanium did: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/hd-audio-192khz24-not-working-on-hifiberry-digi-pro/

You can also use a parameter if you want to force a bit rate (not recommended).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here