Apple Siri Addon for Speech Control Plugin BETA

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Add-ons Apple Siri Addon for Speech Control Plugin BETA

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  juras premium 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 29. September 2016 at 16:39 #23256

good news: The voice control with apples Siri is now available for testing with our Speech Control Plugin. It lets you easily control your Max2Play device with voice commands over your apple device.

This addon is a part of our Speech Control Plugin BETAWith this you can easily control your Squeezebox Player and your Max2Play with voice commands. For example, start and stop playback with Siri.

Here you can install the Speech Control Plugin on your Max2Play device.

You can use the Elgato EVE app or with iOS 10 you can also use the Home App which is a pre-installed app. Furthermore it is possible to use different HTTP-Requests to control Max2Play and the Squeezebox Server.

If you have a Apple Device (iPhone or iPad) with Siri and you want to control your Squeezebox Server with voice commands, you should give it a try!

If you have some issues with the BETA Plugin, please tell us some informations about your setup:

• What Raspberry Pi do you use and what Max2Play SD-Card-Image did you install?
    • What Max2Play-Version do you use?
    • What is the output of the “DEBUG” window at the bottom of the speech control addon?
    • What exaclty is not working?

Best Regards

8. October 2016 at 9:30 #23317

Dear Christoph,
    I was happy to see the new features of this plugin and becaus of Siri integration and Home Kit I wanted to give it a try.
    I installed the plugin after updating M2P to 2.37.
    After the installation an reboot, the Sppech Control Plugin Page is showing me this:

Enable speech communication for your Max2Play device!
    This plugin is still in development. Make sure no audioplayer is running while using Jasper.

This happens on installation:

Jasper Framework gets installed and configured
    The TextToSpeech Engine ESpeak gets installed and configured
    SpeachToText Engine SphinxBase and Pocketsphinx get installed

Install Speech Control on this device. You need a microphone connected to your device (probably with USB).

Ne settings. No clue of it beeing installed.
    Except the debug info. It is telling me the following:

#### JASPER Installed ####

#### ESPEAK Installed ####
    #### POCKETSPHINX Installed ####

#### JASPER Running ####

It is a Raspberry Pi 3. I used the standard M2P image – I think I started with version 2.34 on this machine.
    I have no oher plugins except Hifiberry and Kodi installed and active.
    I recognized I had the audioplayer (squeezelite) running while and after first installation.
    I stopped it and prevented it from starting after boot. Then started installation of speech recognition again. Did not change a thing.
    I even attached an USB microphone.
    The Home-App on iOS 10 (iPhone 7 Plus) does not find the Raspberry Pi.

Do you have a clue what could be wrong?

Meanwhile I tested the same thing on a Raspberry Pi 2 (M2P 2.37). Also with Hifiberry and Kodi but with audioplayer disabled before installing it for the first time. Here, installation of the plugin worked. BUT: Obviously the service doea not start. When I klick the start button, the message above reads: Install Jasper, Google STT, ESpeak TTS. Something went wrong on the last installation attempt. Delete installation files and try again.

Many thanks and best regards

15. October 2016 at 18:53 #23424

Kann ich mit der Sprachsteuerung bzw Siri den Squeezeplayer steuern? Funktionieren sämtliche Befehle wie z.b vor,zurück,play,stop… Kann man auch das os damit runterfahren und booten? Braucht man zwangsläufig eine der ganannten apps?

Gruss Daniel

24. October 2016 at 22:18 #23562

same here, everything installed, started all looks good, but unable to find on iphone…

any ideas?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here