Running from a usb stick on RaspberryPi B+

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Running from a usb stick on RaspberryPi B+

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nickc 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 11. July 2016 at 15:31 #21414

Just in case any other newbies like me were wondering if it’s possible to run max2play from a usb stick, I can confirm that it is. Doing so is reckoned to reduce the amount of wear and tear on micro sd cards, which are generally regarded as being less robust than a usb stick. It also means you can use a smaller capacity micro sd. I’m using the original 8gb card that I ordered with my pi, but 4gb or even 2gb (do they exist?) would be ample. I have just the boot files still on the sd card, everything else on a 32gb SanDisk usb stick. I followed this guide to get it up and running:

It’s working fine, including the additional configuring needed to make use of the CirrusLogic audio card I have installed, so I hope this may be useful to others.

PS Another reason for setting up this way is that I want to use the audio card to record from my vinyl collection. Still waiting for some response to my separate post on that topic! (Hint, hint!)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here