Raspberry Pi 7'' Touch Display Bundle with IQaudIO no analog audio

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Raspberry Pi 7'' Touch Display Bundle with IQaudIO no analog audio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 13. Mai 2017 at 3:19 #28829

Squeezelite started, wifi activated, display says I’m playing music, but no analog audio output. Please help.

15. Mai 2017 at 11:53 #28843

Hi jliggio,

Have you followed these steps to assemble the Raspberry Pi 7inch Touch Display Bundle:

https://www.max2play.com/en/7-inch-touch-display-case-for-iqaudio-dac-digiamp/

Please send us the debug info on the Audioplayer page.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

16. Mai 2017 at 13:19 #28873

Thank you, Sir!

Yes, I followed the build instructions, and the unit worked well for more than a month. I went out of town, and I unplugged the unit while I was gone. When I returned, the unit wasn’t working, so I re-set it to factory settings, and re-did the software set-up from the beginning.

All works fine, except no analog audio output (the headphone jack works). Here is the audio debug information:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o default:CARD=ALSA -a 120::16:
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=ALSA
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct sample mixing device
    dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct sample snooping device
    dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA – Hardware device with all software conversions
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 – bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI – Hardware device with all software conversions
    default:CARD=IQaudIODAC – IQaudIODAC, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC – IQaudIODAC, – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT VERSION ####
    2.8.0-openssl-Avahi-ALSA-soxr

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####
    closed

18. Mai 2017 at 12:18 #28911

Hi jliggio,

Have you tried to Disable Build-In-Audio on the Raspberry settings ?. It will remove HDMI/Headphone Jack and put IQAudIO on position 0.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

19. Mai 2017 at 17:52 #28957

Mr. Mbydeen, I thank you for your assistance.

I did what you suggested sir, but perhaps the error is with Squeeezelite. It isn’t automatically starting, and I couldn’t manually start Squeezelite. Here’s what I’m told when I try to manually start Squeezelite:

Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    [11:50:58.224940] test_open:384 playback open error: No such device
    [11:50:58.225158] output_init_common:382 unable to open output device

Here’s the debug information:

#### SQUEEZELITE VERSION ####
    Squeezelite v1.8.4-726, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2016 Ralph Irving.

#### SQUEEZELITE BUILDOPTIONS ####
    Build options: LINUX ALSA EVENTFD RESAMPLE FFMPEG VISEXPORT IR GPIO DSD CONTROLSBS ALSASYNC BLUETOOTHSYNC

#### AUDIOPLAYER CONFIG ####
    ### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o default:CARD=ALSA -a 120::16:
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=ALSA
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=0
    SYSTEM_USER=pi

#### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
    Output devices:
    null – Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    equal
    plugequal – Equalizer for plughw:0,0
    default:CARD=IQaudIODAC – IQaudIODAC, – Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC – IQaudIODAC, – Default Audio Device
    dmix:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Direct sample mixing device
    dsnoop:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Direct sample snooping device
    hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Direct hardware device without any conversions
    plughw:CARD=IQaudIODAC,DEV=0 – IQaudIODAC, – Hardware device with all software conversions

#### SHAIRPORT VERSION ####
    2.8.0-openssl-Avahi-ALSA-soxr

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 0 ####
    closed

#### OUTPUT SOUND DETAILS CARD 1 ####

21. Mai 2017 at 21:09 #28973

Mr. Mbydeen, thank you for your assistance. I figured it out. I noticed also that there were other members of the forum who were seeking assistance with Squeezelite, and who also had „analog audio out“ issues. So let me tell you what I learned:

I went to the „Audio Player“ Tab. When I could not open Squeezelite, I opened „Edit Advanced Options“ The first thing to edit was the Soundcard to
    „Select Audio Output“ I set it to the IQaudioDAC which is my installed card, and Squeezelite started, and I have audio input again. Please pass this along.

Thank you Sir, for your kind patience and assistance.

22. Mai 2017 at 10:03 #28974

Hello Jliggio,

For sure you have to select the audio output „soundcard“ form the advanced settings for squeezelite audio player in order to have an audio output form the IQaudIO card.

We are happy that you have figured it out and solve it 🙂 And we are here to help, therefore please dont hesitate to post your questions on this forum.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here