Problem connecting a second raspberry pi to the hard drive shared by a first one

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Problem connecting a second raspberry pi to the hard drive shared by a first one

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 31. März 2020 at 12:40 #48351

Hi there,
    I have a Raspberry Pi 3 with a touch screen and a Audiophonic Isabre v4 in the living room on which I plugged a USD hard drive. It works fine, I love it, and I sometimes control it with Squeezer. Let’s call it „Serguei“.

For my room, I bought another Raspberry, a pi4. Let’s call it „Piotr“. The plan was to use no touchscreen or whatever, just amplified Bose speakers on (I plan to add it a real DAC later) and to control it only with Squeezer, and to get music from the USB drive plugged in Serguei, but to listen music independantly from the living room. I installed max2play , blabla.
    The thing is I spent two days that drove me crazy, as I never succed to mount the drive plugged in „Serguei“ on „Piotr“.
    Many times, it crashed the boot of „Piotr“. But when it doesn’t crash, Squeezer finds no music.

Here are the „Serguei“ drive mount parameters ; //SERGUEI/MUSIC /media/usb0 ntfs defaults,nofail,iocharset=utf8
    Here are what didn’t make „Piotr“ crash ; //SERGUEI/MUSIC /mnt/mountdir/ nfs user=root,password=serguei,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

Can someone help me ?

31. März 2020 at 17:41 #48362

Hi Epiphane,

You probably already know that, but just to be sure:
    To get the whole thing going, you first need a Samba file share on „Serguei“. It is best to test on a PC whether you have access to this share. If so, you can mount this share on „Piotr“. Here are the corresponding wiki articles:

1. https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/creating-a-sambashare/
    2. https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/mounting-an-external-drive/

To avoid errors, it is best to follow the examples below the input fields.

1. April 2020 at 12:32 #48377

Yes I did,

Here are the parameters of the Samba Share on Serguei :
    name : MUSIC
    path : /media/usb/MUSIC
    writing access : YES

Can it be because I haven’t put any numbers in „Mode“ ?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Epiphane.
    1. April 2020 at 18:35 #48389

I added „666“ in „Mode“, nothing has changed, Squeezer doesn’t find any music on Piotr…

2. April 2020 at 14:21 #48392

Hi Epiphane,

please try again with mode „0777“, which gives you read and write permissions. Please also enter „cifs“ instead of „nfs“ at Piotr, since this is a Samba share. And be sure to type in the IP-Address of Serguei instead of its name, like this: //IP-ADDRESS/PATH . When using nfs, make sure to type in this way: IP-ADRESS:PATH and don’t use the user login.

3. April 2020 at 14:47 #48404

Woohoo it works \o/ Piotr is aliiiive, thank you so much 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here