[NEW FEATURE] Access Point Autostart Mode

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [NEW FEATURE] Access Point Autostart Mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 3. August 2017 at 11:18 #30363

Hi guys,

I wanted to shed some light on our newest feature, the Access Point Autostart Mode.

We made in response to users having difficulties with WPS or not owning a compatible router that still want to use their Pi’s wirelessly and without much hassle.
    We also took into account the many user projects that utilized Max2Play for mobile solutions.

The Access Point Autostart is ideal for these solutions. 🙂

Find out more in the announcement article we wrote: https://www.max2play.com/en/2017/08/access-point-autostart-mode/

We look forward to your thoughts!

3. August 2017 at 13:53 #30379

Good day,

I installed Kodi on my Raspberry Pi Zero W and the Access Point is showing up as „max2play“ on my iPhone 4 and my iPad Mini. Nevertheless it does not connect.

The iPhone (iPhone 4 / iOS 7.1.2) does ask for a password, is accepting the password but is not connecting. The wheel keeps spinning.

The iPad Mini (using iOS 9.3.5) is not even asking for the password. Just an ongoing spinning of the wheel.

Kodi itself is working and can be operated via an attached mouse.

I have no access to a Wifi-Network and using this solution standalone only.

Any hints on how to solve this?

Thank you!

Hans

3. August 2017 at 16:25 #30386

Hi Hans,

Have you tried out any Android devices, yet? Normally this should work with iOS as well. However, we do not have an iPhone 4 here to test this. I will check the functionality with iOS again tomorrow.

For now, you can also go the old-fashioned route of our classic tutorial for the Access Point: https://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-Mobile-Media-Center-with-Smartphone-C/

You just need to first connect it via LAN to set up the access point.

4. August 2017 at 7:50 #30408

… just a quick response.

The access point is set up and visible on both iOS Devices („max2play“). All settings are made on the RPi Zero W as shown in the classic tutorial you mentioned above.

I will try to get an Android device to check.

Thank you

Hans

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here