Multiple Max2play squeezeboxes in one room

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Multiple Max2play squeezeboxes in one room

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15. November 2019 at 13:30 #47540

Hi everyone,
    I’d like to set up a „multi-one-room“ system. Basically what Sonos and the like offer out of the box: Multiple devices in one room. From what I read this should be possible with Max2play + squeezelite.

Would you agree with that? Has anyone tried that yet?

Background is that I would really like to avoid cables in the room for asthetic and practical reasons.

Thanks in advance!

BR
    Alex

20. November 2019 at 16:06 #47570

Hi Alex,

Yes this is no problem and there are several blog posts in our Max2Play Blog that offer up some nifty tutorials.

Get Started!

10. Dezember 2019 at 0:29 #47721

I set this up now:

– RasPI2 with USB WiFi and Hifiberry Amp2 as squeezelite for the right speaker
    – RasPI4 with Hifiberry Amp2 as Squeezebox Server and squeezelite for the left speaker

It mostly works but sometimes they will loose sync.

11. Dezember 2019 at 13:37 #47750

Hi Alex,

Are both connected via WiFi? If so, you can test the server unit on an ethernet connection to see if it gets rid of the sync losses.

You can also make sure your devices run ideally in the Settings/Reboot Health Checker.

14. Dezember 2019 at 17:39 #47776

Yes, both are connected via WiFi. The network is usually very stable. Wired connection is not really an option. Today the players were very much out of sync. I let them play for some time and they didn’t sync. Only after restarting the stream they were back in sync. Aren’t the players supposed to check if they are in sync regularly? I read there is a sync log somewhere but I didn’t see it yet.

16. Dezember 2019 at 17:09 #47786

Hi alex,

The ethernet test would just be to make sure the WiFi connection is not at fault.

You can find the extensive Squeezebox Server logs in the server web interface’s Settings under „information“.

There’s also some options to optimize sync there under Settings / Player / player / Synchronization.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here