Jivelite libcec install problem

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Jivelite libcec install problem

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 9. Oktober 2018 at 10:33 #38482

Hi, I am trying to install libcec for jivelite and it says it installed, but I get errors in the install log and it doesn’t work at all. CEC works fine with Kodi. This is on a Raspberry Pi 3, Max2play 2.47. It worked at some point in the past, I think it broke when I reinstalled a few weeks ago, but that could be coincidence. Log is:

Installation started – This Messages refreshes every 3 seconds to show current installation status. When finished this message disappears.

make[1]: Entering directory ‚/opt/libcec-daemon‘
    CXX src/main.o
    In file included from src/main.cpp:30:0:
    src/accumulator.hpp: In instantiation of ‘accumulator_type* accumulator(T*) [with T = int]’:
    src/main.cpp:569:46: required from here
    src/accumulator.hpp:97:41: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘accumulator_type’
    src/accumulator.hpp:18:7: note: because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘accumulator_type’:
    In file included from /usr/include/boost/program_options/options_description.hpp:13:0,
    from /usr/include/boost/program_options.hpp:15,
    from src/main.cpp:26:
    /usr/include/boost/program_options/value_semantic.hpp:44:22: note: virtual bool boost::program_options::value_semantic::adjacent_tokens_only() const
    Makefile:447: recipe for target ’src/main.o‘ failed
    make[1]: *** [src/main.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory ‚/opt/libcec-daemon‘
    Makefile:323: recipe for target ‚all‘ failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    CXX src/main.o
    src/accumulator.hpp: In instantiation of ‘accumulator_type* accumulator(T*) [with T = int]’:
    src/accumulator.hpp:97:41: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type ‘accumulator_type’
    src/accumulator.hpp:18:7: note: because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘accumulator_type’:
    In file included from /usr/include/boost/program_options/options_description.hpp:13:0,
    /usr/include/boost/program_options/value_semantic.hpp:44:22: note: virtual bool boost::program_options::value_semantic::adjacent_tokens_only() const
    make: *** [src/main.o] Error 1
    /var/www/max2play/application/plugins/jivelite/controller/../scripts/install_cec.sh: line 69: /usr/local/bin/libcec-daemon: No such file or directory
    finished Click here to reload Page

INSTALL SUCCESSFUL

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Richard

10. Oktober 2018 at 13:05 #38517

Hi Richard,

Please try using the Button in Raspberry Settings to „Update all Packages (apt-get update; apt-get upgrade):“ and try reinstalling CEC afterwards.

16. Oktober 2018 at 17:51 #38642

Sorry for the slow response – but tried that and still the same:

Installation started – This Messages refreshes every 3 seconds to show current installation status. When finished this message disappears.

make[1]: Entering directory ‚/opt/libcec-daemon‘
    CXX src/main.o
    make[1]: Leaving directory ‚/opt/libcec-daemon‘
    Makefile:323: recipe for target ‚all‘ failed
    CXX src/main.o
    /var/www/max2play/application/plugins/jivelite/controller/../scripts/install_cec.sh: line 69: /usr/local/bin/libcec-daemon: No such file or directory

INSTALL SUCCESSFUL

17. Oktober 2018 at 13:32 #38656

Did you use the 2.45 image on our website?

17. Oktober 2018 at 13:46 #38660

Possibly not, it was a few months ago now I installed. Shall I try the latest image?

18. Oktober 2018 at 11:07 #38672

If it’s not too much hassle, please do so we can rule out this possible source of error.

6. November 2018 at 15:21 #41851

Yesterday o have set up a RPI 3 with the newest Image file 247 and have the same problems. After the “successful“ installation CEC isn’t available. Any ideas for solving?
    Thank you

7. November 2018 at 9:58 #41856

I have also been meaning to reply to this – I still have the same problem. I installed again clean from image 247, then installed squeezebox server, jivelite and libcec.

Thanks

12. November 2018 at 12:02 #41931

We will look into this issue and see if we can recreate it to find a fix.

12. November 2018 at 12:03 #41933

Excellent, thank you

16. Januar 2019 at 22:39 #43765

Hi,
    i want to reactivate this discussion and wanted to know if there are any results or conclusions to this problem?

Thank you.

17. Januar 2019 at 10:55 #43767

Me too please. It would be great to get this working again, it certainly used to.

17. Januar 2019 at 17:13 #43832

Hi guys,

We did not really change anything. Problem with CEC is the different protocols of different TV manufacturers. Could you tell us the devices you tried CEC with? And also which commands work and which ones do not.

17. Januar 2019 at 17:20 #43837

Hi Heiner,
    thanks for the reply. In my case i am using a Samsung UE42ES7090 but i dont think that it depend on the TV device because i could not install the cec plugin as fenn said in the first input.
    In an earlier version of max2play i thing it was the 244 (but i am not sure) the plugin could installed and used on my TV.

17. Januar 2019 at 17:24 #43842

Indeed, please please please can someone make the libcec install work.

17. Januar 2019 at 17:39 #43850

Sorry, I was under the wrong impression. This is a much larger issue and we will evaluate the situation in the coming week.

17. Januar 2019 at 19:49 #43861

Thank you very much 😀

24. Januar 2019 at 12:10 #44127

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, there seem to be several larger issues at play in the integration of CEC. We will not be able to offer the current integration and have look whether there are alternatives.

For now, our hardware control plugin does offer a universal integration for IR remotes and our JustBoom plugin has recently been updated to include a custom integration for Jivelite control with the smart remote.

24. Januar 2019 at 18:40 #44152

Hi Heiner,
    bad news and sry but i have to change into german because of my lag of knowing english 😀

Habe ich das jetzt richtig verstanden, dass es ein Plugin Hardarware Control gibt mit dem man die Fernbedienung ggf. steuern kann? Wenn ja wo ist dieses zu finden?

Ist denn eine Softwareumsetzung in Zukunft denkbar, sodass die Integration von CEC wieder möglich ist? Immerhin funktionierte dies in den älteren Versionen bereits?

Vielen Dank.

25. Januar 2019 at 12:05 #44156

Hi motamas,

I made a thread on this new beta plugin a few weeks ago. We are still checking what’s possible and what our users want from it. Here’s the thread with link to install the plugin.

The issues have come up because of the new version of Raspbian and the changes that come with it. There is no quick fix and under the current circumstances a witch back to the old image would probably be the smartest approach if you cannot lose the CEC functionality.

1. April 2019 at 22:13 #44941

Hi,
    I bougth a Raspberry pi and just installed the Max2play solution with license in order to have a good solution the stream different sources on my AVR plug on my TV. I thought I could manage Max2Play with my TV remote control but I’m facing the same issue (see below).
    How can I do to make CEC control working ?
    Is it just a compilation problem ?

make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/libcec-daemon'
    CXX src/main.o
    Makefile:447: recipe for target 'src/main.o' failed
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/libcec-daemon'
    Makefile:323: recipe for target 'all' failed
    CXX src/main.o
    Makefile:447: recipe for target 'src/main.o' failed

Installation réussie

Thanks and regards.

2. April 2019 at 9:54 #44945

Hi mathieu,

As mentioned in my previous posts here, CEC support has been discontinued on Max2Play in favor of our Smart Remote and Infrared integration. Unfortunately, it had become unfeasible to keep up CEC support.

2. April 2019 at 18:22 #44950

Hi Heiner,
    today i tried out the new plugin hardwarecontrol. After that i installed the ir-remote for jivelite.
    If i understand right i have to change the code of the lirc conf so it fits to my remote.
    I did not fount my remote but a similar on this site http://lirc-remotes.sourceforge.net/remotes-table.html

As i filled it in and want to save it is does not save the configuration.
    Could you discribe for me how i have to realize another remote than the justboom? (Maybe in german too or as a private message :D)

Thank you very much.
    Thomas

3. April 2019 at 14:46 #44958

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for answering in English!

I just tested it and this does indeed seem to be a bug. We will try to add a fix soon, thanks for pointing this out.

However, you can also manually edit the .conf through our Remote Control plugin.

There, you can use login pi pw: max2play and the command sudo su to get root rights for editing and then the command nano to edit the aforementioned file.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here