How to connect to a Windows share?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI How to connect to a Windows share?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 28. April 2019 at 20:17 #45168

Installed M2P on RPi and am trying to configure M2P to access the share on my Windows machine.
    How do I specify a windows share? I tried the following:
    I go the M2P web interface, I go to Filesystem Mount page and I add a new mount point (the web page ’sees‘ the windows share):
    //MyWindowsShareName/Music, Mount point: /mnt/share, Type: NFS, Options: <none>

I also have added:
    //MyWindowsShareName/Music, Mount point: /mnt/mpd, Type: NFS, Options: <none>
    Both are listed in the Filesystem – mount network path area on the webpage (I assume that the share has been found?) How can I be sure?

When I go to MusicPlayer MPD and use YMPD -> Browse DB and select Root -> Mount -> MPD, nothing shows up in the track window. (I did update database before accessing the Root -> Mount -> MPD).

I am lost as to what to try – some guidance please?

On a related topic: Under Setting/Reboot-> eMail address/activation code is red, Not Activated.
    I thought this basic version of m2p is ‚free‘ so what is activated? I don’t want to use additional plugins at this point (I may in future but want to try it)

30. April 2019 at 14:47 #45188

Hello three_jeeps,

usually shares on Windows machines use SMB (or CIFS). NFS is primarily intended for Linux systems. Therefore, if you intend to use NFS, please rely on the syntax given under „show help“ (left blue button). Otherwise, try switching to CIFS. In this case you’ll need to enter username and password for your share in the options field (besides „sec=ntlm“ and the SMB version).

You can find a short step-by-step-guide on this topic at our wiki.

Without an active license it always displays „not activated“. Therefore only the basic functions of Max2Play are available to you (which has no impact on your current project, if you don’t need additional plugins by now). Only with an active (premium-)license it changes to „activated“ and new functions get unlocked.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by MarioM.
    2. Mai 2019 at 16:39 #45218

Hi:
    thanks for your help. After dealing with this and issues in other areas of this program, I decided to go a different route for my audio player. FYI, Volumio and Rune have no problems connecting to any of my windows shares. I think there is something incorrect with your code.
    J

3. Mai 2019 at 9:56 #45226

Did you try any of the steps from the guide? Our mounting solution requires a proper login which is named in the options section.

3. Mai 2019 at 15:04 #45244

I did not try the suggestion. My W10 install does not have a user login and pw. While there is a user name, there is no pw on my system. To be honest, I didn’t feel like wresting with this issue. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out network connectivity issues and have grown weary of finding the ‚corner cases‘ that should have been dealt with in the design and implementation approach. Given that my install had fundamental audio issues, I was even less inclined to beat on this issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here