Google Home and LMS on RPi/Max2Play?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Google Home and LMS on RPi/Max2Play?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 16. November 2018 at 9:46 #42077

I have just discovered that thread on the Squeezebox forum.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109273-Announce-LMS-Controls-Google-Home-Google-Assistant-Voice-Control-of-LMS-Players/page4

Is this something you could potentially integrate in Max2Play and make the integration of Google Home easy to install?

17. November 2018 at 17:06 #42104

Not sure I understand your answer. I had a look at your home automation section, but nor clear how to be able to control Squeezeboxes with Google Home

19. November 2018 at 17:27 #42128

Hi didjean, sorry I wasn’t clear. I added a link to my previous reply to a discussion about this topic in home assistant forums.

6. Dezember 2018 at 10:32 #42571

Many thanks for your feedback.

Well, not sure I understand your answer :-). When visiting your link, it doesn’t really speak of Google Assistant/Home. This is more related to use devices for home announcements .

What is really missing now for Squeezebox/LMS is a easy integration with Google Assistant/Google Home or with Amazon Alexa. There are a couple of specifics projects going on, but they are all very complex to put in place, specifically for someone like me that is not that technical!

The magic and what I really appreciate with Max2Play is the easy installation of complex stuff into a very clear interface. This is the reason why you might consider to investigate a potential integration of what is being discussed here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109273-Announce-LMS-Controls-Google-Home-Google-Assistant-Voice-Control-of-LMS-Players

Food for thoughts 🙂

Cheers,

JF.

BTW – out of topic – small comment on your website – the language selection on the German version: English is misspelt 😉

10. Dezember 2018 at 12:07 #42631

Hi didjean,

Thank you for the request.

We added some info on Alexa solutions in the API-Examples plugin page.

We are also looking for an easy solution but this is the current status. Thank you for the link, we will investigate possible integrations in Max2Play.

The selection for English in German uses the German word for English, Englisch.

2. Oktober 2019 at 0:27 #47215

Good evening everyone
    I would like to know if we have had any developments in the integration of Max2play with Google Assist?

If yes what is the procedure I control all my sound environments with max2play and various raspberry through the apartment and I have google assit and would be very top if I could integrate

Taking advantage I made a project with an old MiniMAC, Raspeberry, MAX2play, HD 1T, CD-ROM, IR, Power Button, LED ON,
    where you could post this on the MAX2Play site

2. Oktober 2019 at 10:58 #47218

Hi Ezaul,

Have you had a look at our API Examples plugin yet? You might be able to integrate a lot already.
    It lists many essential commands like reboot, play, pause, etc. for your device to just copy and paste to any home automation server you want to use. It comes preinstalled on new images and is free 😉

Your project sounds great! We’d love to share with the rest of the community in our blog if you’re interested.

2. Oktober 2019 at 14:20 #47222

Good Morning!
    I would like to share yes! But I still can’t find where does the blog post could give me a link?

Thanks

8. Oktober 2019 at 10:14 #47241

Hi Ezaul,

I already replied to your comment, you can send your text and photos to info [at] max2play [dot] com and we’ll format and translate it for publication 😉

31. Juli 2020 at 1:32 #49483

Is there a link for this now?

And also, I am still a bit puzzled by this discussion. What I THINK many of us would like to be able to do, is to tell Google Home what to do with our audio sound board through max2play. I, for instance, have a HifiBerry sound board connected to a a Niles SVL-6 ’speaker selector‘, which allows me to play music on any of the 5 pairs of (hard-wired) speakers that are connected to it throughout our house. So I would like to be able to tell LMS through a Google Home command to play a certain song or radio station on those speakers.

This works great, for instance, through Plex for video (and I guess also for audio, but then only to play on network-connected devices). So I can just ask Google Home (through FlexTV) to play a certain movie or tv show (or even episode, or even a certain sport within that episode) just through a voice command. For a cool example, see here. Is something like this possible for max2play?

Or even simpler – is there a way to tell Google Home to stream something through squeezer to max2play („Ok Google. Play song X on max2play“)?

4. August 2020 at 11:55 #49494

Hi sdspieg,

Unfortunately, we don’t offer a direct way to use Google Assistant with Max2Play. However, it is possible to connect Google Home and the Squeezebox Server with our openHAB plugin. Apart from that there is also a possibility to control the music playback via Amazon Alexa: https://www.max2play.com/en/how-tos/howto-alexa-voice-control-with-roomskills/

8. Dezember 2020 at 13:18 #50450

Hi MarioM,

I think lot of people are waiting a solution to easily integrate their LMS with google home and not having to use a third third party (or new hardware like alexa) to control LMS with voice.
    It’s already good to have the plugin in Openhab but once our LMS are added in openhab, we cannot dectect them in GH.
    So sad.

Any plan to have this support ?

Thanks a lot 😉

8. Dezember 2020 at 15:11 #50454

Hi Helvet,

A Google Home integration for the Squeezebox Server or Max2Play is unfortunately not very trivial. So I can’t tell you if and when we will find the time to integrate such a feature. For now, I can only refer to the services that could make it possible to create an integration on your own. Apart from that there is a third-party plug-in called LMS Controls that should make it possible to control the server via Google Assistant. However, I haven’t tested this unofficial plugin, therefore I can only mention it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here