[SOLVED] Fade-In-Out script

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [SOLVED] Fade-In-Out script

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
8. Februar 2017 at 13:36 #26756

Hello eriche,

We will try to help you to configure the crossfade, but try to take a look on this resourse first:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-(alsa-only)/page37

Also you can use this commands via Telnet:

echo „play 10“ | telnet max2play 9090
echo „sleep 10“ | telnet max2play 9090

for more info please see:

http://max2play:9000/html/docs/help.html

Best Regards,
Mohammad Mbydeen

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Mbydeen.
  • This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Mbydeen.
8. Februar 2017 at 19:10 #26761

Good to know – the „Command Line Interface“ Documentation from the Server is great.

I had to telnet to PORT 9090 – maybe you are wrong with 9000?

Then the play and sleep command is working – but I don`t get the result I would like to, because it stops the music.
So it doesn`t fade out the music to 30% volume and then fade in to 100%.
It stops the music and then starts it.

But let`s see what commands may help me out.

So I would need a fade-in/out to a specific volume level.

Erich

8. Februar 2017 at 19:29 #26763

Dear eriche,

You are right, the port number is 9090.

At the moment we could provide these solutions to you in order to implement the crossfade effect, we will keep you updated once we have more solutions or workaround.

Best Regards,
Mohammad Mbydeen

8. April 2017 at 9:23 #28033

I’m actually looking for something similar, just a way to fade in and out the music, but possibly simpler than that.
I’m new to coding, and I’d mostly just like to know if there’s a way to tell the squeezebox server to fade in and out (assuming the other squeezelite players will have volume synced, which I have found the setting for). Then, I can figure out the coding for delay time between volume levels to turn it up and down.
The only thing I’ve found so far is by digging through the javascript from the server’s web interface, I’ve found:

SqueezeJS.Strings['volumeup'] = "Louder";

SqueezeJS.Strings['volumedown'] = "Softer";

Although I’m just not sure how to implement this as code, or how to basically „send“ commands to the Squeezebox server.
I feel like this is probably a dumb question for any developer, but it’s over my head.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here