[PLUGIN AVAILABLE] External power supply with on/off and startup/shutdown sequence

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions [PLUGIN AVAILABLE] External power supply with on/off and startup/shutdown sequence

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 28. August 2017 at 18:13 #30958

I build up my audio server with Carsten Weissbauers nice case (linear power supply, pi3, touch display, USB hub and integrated hard disc). In the front of the case you can turn on and off the primary power supply (230V). Does anybody build up a power supply with latching power so that you can use a switch button to turn on power and the same switch used to initiate a shutdown sequence for the pi and after that turning of the primary power supply?. I googled a lot around but did not find something like that.

29. August 2017 at 10:18 #30973

Hi pianoman,

Not per se, but the SUSV solution does come very close. If you need help with the German interaction, let me know: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/kontrollierter-ausschalter-und-usv-fuer-raspberry/

Also, the HTTP command
    http://YOURDEVICENAME/plugins/max2play_settings/controller/Basic.php?action=shutdown
    lets you shut down the device directly.

4. September 2017 at 13:17 #31102

Hy,

we made this with an USV HAT (from S.USV), see https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/kontrollierter-ausschalter-und-usv-fuer-raspberry/

I made a plugin, hope M2P take it online sometime.

wbr, Andy

4. September 2017 at 15:03 #31121

Hi Andy,

Thanks for contributing to this thread. I already linked to your discussion of the plugin. You are right, we are overdue to publish the add-on. I have not had the time to properly design the plugin page. If you provide some text we can quote from you as a creator, we will try to publish it within this week. 🙂

4. September 2017 at 20:06 #31134

Hy Heiner,

sorry, had not read your reply good enough during work. Will try to write something for the page, but it will be next week or later.

Thanks, Andy

5. September 2017 at 12:49 #31137

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the effort. We look forward to it.

10. September 2017 at 22:07 #31250

I don’t know about a power supply that can do it but I do have this:

ATXRaspi

It works real good by installing a little script. Can reset or shut down holding the power in log or short.

-Raymond Day

21. September 2017 at 11:01 #31432

@Heiner:

s.USV Plugin:

kurz: mit dem Plugin kann man die Software für die s.USV HATs installieren und die Firmware aktualisieren.

lang: Das Plugin ermöglicht die einfache Installation und Aktualisierung der s.USV HATs für den Raspberry Pi, sowohl in der Standard als auch Advanced Ausführung.
    Einfach das Plugin installieren, die passende Hardwareversion auswählen und auf Installieren klicken. Danach wird die mit dem Plugin gelieferte Version der s.USV Software installiert und die dazu passende Firmware eingespielt.
    Danach kann man mit dem Plugin noch die Zeitspanne, wann sich der PI nach Verlust der Spannungsversorgung herunterfahren soll, einstellen.
    Mit debug lassen sich diverse Informationen über das s.USV HAT auslesen.

lg, Andy

21. September 2017 at 16:36 #31457

Hi Andy,

Vielen Dank! Wir haben die Plugin-Seite größtenteils schon angelegt. Das wird jetzt nur noch eingepflegt und dann geht sie nächste Woche live. 🙂

Könntest du mir noch per Mail die .tar-Datei der aktuellsten Version des Plugins und jegliche andere Materialien die wir ggf. noch einbringen sollen schicken (falls nichts mehr nötig ist, reicht die Datei und wir laden Sie direkt hoch).

29. September 2017 at 13:38 #31619

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that orcas‘ plugin is now available for download from our website:

Plugin S.USV

Let me know if there is anything I should change or add about the description.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here