Does not use the player name just uses SqueezeLite 1 and 2 and 3 like that.

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Does not use the player name just uses SqueezeLite 1 and 2 and 3 like that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 28. Januar 2021 at 8:25 #50671

I don’t get why LMS sees Max2play names like SqueezeLite 1 and SqueezeLite 2 and so on. I check there name and they are not name that. How can I fix this?

-Raymond Day

29. Januar 2021 at 15:10 #50682

Hi Raymond,

Is the Multisqueeze plugin running on your Pi? The names may be assigned there. Otherwise restart the Squeezebox Server and your players. Maybe that already fixes the problem.

29. Januar 2021 at 16:51 #50688

Don’t have Multisqueeze plugin running. All ready restarted the server and player lots of times. It stays the same.

-Raymond Day

2. Februar 2021 at 17:50 #50708

Hi Raymond,

Please check the command line options of your Squeezelite players. A parameter may be set there that overwrites or blocks the correct name. Have you already checked whether Squeezelite 1 (etc.) is really the correct Max2Play player and is able to play music? In this case the names have been changed by the Squeezebox server. Maybe because of a plugin? The best thing to do is to try to start the server and only one Max2Play device and see what happens.

22. Juli 2021 at 5:11 #51493

Recorded my PC screen with LMS and this shows how the hostname changes from 2 Max2Play units not the same host name.

Uploaded it to my Google drive here.

Only 29 secants long but it shows it good how it changes. I hope can fix this.

-Raymond Day

26. Juli 2021 at 12:36 #51509

Hi Raymond,

I replied to you in the other thread „Fix the naming so 2 will not fight with each other“.

5. Januar 2022 at 15:50 #51888

I posted this again here.

Another YouTube video that shows it changing the names. The only way to fix it it turn off the other max2play it mixes it up with. Then it works good.

-Raymond Day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here