Connecting MAX2PLAY to a hidden WLAN (SSID)?

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums SD-Card Imaging and getting started Connecting MAX2PLAY to a hidden WLAN (SSID)?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Heiner premium 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 3. February 2016 at 12:35 #18337

Hello
    I’va troubles connecting my (Raspberry Pi-) MAX2PLAY to my hidden Wifi-SSID? The hidden Wifi is not listed (e.g. as Unknown Network etc.) if I start a Wifi scan. (By the way; connecting to a normal, visible Wifi is working great!)

How should I connect to a hidden Wifi it the right way?

Best regards,
    Roman.

3. February 2016 at 14:07 #18338

Hi Roman,
    If your router has a WPS feature, you can use this to connect your Pi. We have made small HowTo on the subject: https://www.max2play.com/en/2016/01/raspberry-pi-automatic-wlanwifi-configuration-with-max2play-and-wps/

3. February 2016 at 14:27 #18339

Hi Heiner
    Thanks. But it seems I have no WPS feature, since my router is actually no really a router but a Wifi-to-Wifi bridge.
    Is there another way to get MAX2PLAY connected to a hidden WLAN?
    Regards.

PS: Would you like to proceed in German language? 😉

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  RK_aus_S.
    18. February 2016 at 14:52 #18576

English is our preferred language in the forums, because the whole community can benefit from the exchanges 😉
    Have you tried entering the Network SSID and the password under the WiFi/LAN menu? If your hidden WiFi bridge is accessible, you should be able to directly log in this way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here