Cannot run Kodi because Squeeze audio is processing!?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Cannot run Kodi because Squeeze audio is processing!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 30. August 2017 at 15:23 #30998

Hello,

i am very annoyed because i would like to use Max2Play on RPI as Hifi Audio and Video services but i discover that i cannot run theses 2 services at same time.

My Hifi DAC is plugged to USB (managed by LMS/Squeeze) and TV to HDMI (managed by Kodi), so different audio outputs, so no conflict.

Why Max2Play blocks Kodi running when Squeeze audio processing?

Thanks

31. August 2017 at 16:19 #31045

Hi fabien,

IMPORTANT:
    If Kodi/XBMC is running Squeezelite will be deactivated! This is neccessary to get Audio in Kodi/XBMC working. Kodi/XBMC uses pulseaudio and Squeezelite as well as Shairplay use Alsa to play sounds/music at the same time. When Kodi/XBMC is closed, Squeezelite will start again if it is set to autostart.

The two protocols cannot run at the same time on one Pi.

31. August 2017 at 17:25 #31050

Hi Heiner,

It’s not convenient at all for a mediacenter solution (no mouse, no keyboard, only remote control access)

In Kodi, if i set HDMI passtrough audio output, it uses pulseaudio as well?

You say when Kodi is closed -> Squeezelite auto-starts but on the opposite side, if i run Kodi, could Squeezelite auto-stop as opposed to display the error message cannot run?

4. September 2017 at 11:59 #31097

Hi fabien,

The Pi can be used for multiroom audio and as a video player, but it cannot do both at the same time.

Here, you can find some more info on the passthrough and Squeezelite+Kodi: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/kodi-passthrough-dts-5-1/

4. September 2017 at 12:18 #31100

Thanks Heiner for the link.
    So Kodi can run over HDMI without sharing squeezelite player audio process, good news!

So why, in this config, prevent theses 2 softs to run at same time? That’s no sense and make impossible an remotly usage of a mediacenter.

5. September 2017 at 13:29 #31138

Hi fabien,

As mentioned, pulse and ALSA are two different protocols for audio that cannot overlap.

It does not hinder any portability or control options as you can both use a HTTP command from any device to start or stop squeezelite as well as just accessing the web interface from any device to do the same thing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here