Anyone was able to attach a cd drive to the RPi and use it as player ?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Anyone was able to attach a cd drive to the RPi and use it as player ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 17. Dezember 2017 at 21:07 #33001

hi there,
    I recently bought an olive 3hd and I am disappointed about that thing… I use 4 player with 7″ touch and the hifiberry amp pcb. Works like a charm in my house. But, I also have an audiophile equipment with tube amp, tube pre amp and a „normal“ cd player. I think about using the bundle with 7″ touch, audiophonics dac etc for my tube equipment. One way would be to rip all cds with flac for streaming them, but some cds i want still hear as cd (dont ask why)… Is there a way, to attach a cd-drive to the RPi and use it as player ? Theoretically it could work in my opinion. If you guys would include that in your OS, you would have done a huge step into the audiophile world; unless you already did with your audiophonics dac’s. I tried the „normal“ hifiberry dac and just that cheap small dac sounds great. I am very excited about hearing the audiophonics when it will be here !!

19. Dezember 2017 at 12:49 #33044

Hi Martin,

First of all, thank you for the kind words.

Secondly, here’s what the other two users looking for CD implementation landed at a year ago: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/how-to-play-external-audio-cd/#post-17533

Since there have not been any more requests for CD’s, it is unlikely that we will be able to offer an adequate solution in our OS in the near future.

29. Mai 2018 at 7:38 #35944

Have you tried the cd player LMS plugin? It should let you to attach an usb cd drive to the RPI and play it through LMS. I saw it a while ago, installed it but never tried.

HTH,

Gianpaolo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here