[ANNOUNCE] New Max2Play Stretch Image Available for Download! Thanks for Everyone’s Help [UPDATE May 30th]

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [ANNOUNCE] New Max2Play Stretch Image Available for Download! Thanks for Everyone’s Help [UPDATE May 30th]

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • 21. März 2018 at 16:53 #34614

Hi guys,

Our Stretch Image is now officially out of beta!

Thank you to everyone who helped in reporting bugs, requesting features, etc.

I spent all day yesterday and today testing all our plugins and features with this new Max2Play and it runs really smooth and fast.

I recommend everyone check it out if you get the chance.

Obviously, all previous versions of Max2Play will continue to work with all their features.

However, new developments will be restricted to this new Image from now on.

3. April 2018 at 21:02 #34951

I just installed the new Stretch image. I can’t figure out what the root password is so that I can change it. I tried both max2play and raspberry as suggested in older posts, but neither worked.

Does the Stretch branch have different default credentials?

4. April 2018 at 11:22 #34964

Hi overload,

As mentioned in our article on the new image, the password for both root and pi is now max2play.

If you want to access the root user, first login as pi and then switch to root with „sudo su“.

19. April 2018 at 21:37 #35229

So I updated to the new stretch image and a pi3b+ with a hifiberry amp2. My previous setup was a pi3b with an amp+ with the new setup I can’t get the rpi cam addon to work. I’m guessing it’s something with stretch but is there any insights to this? I had my previous pi doubling duty and sending an Mjpeg stream to my security camera server and I’d like to get that same setup on the new one.

20. April 2018 at 2:34 #35232

Also one more error I’ve noticed is with a player I tried to set up. All goes well until I try to install SD card protection on the stretch version. It worked fine on the Jessie version with my pi zero players with hifiberry amp+. But it appears to successfully enabling read only and says reboot required but after the reboot the pi doesn’t join the network. I’m assuming it’s in a boot error but I don’t have a monitor hooked up to it to confirm. I replicated the error twice and realized that’s where my problems happened. I just set up the player again with everything I wanted on it but sd card protection and all is working well. If it helps the player is a regular pi3 and hifiberry amp2 running the stretch version.

22. April 2018 at 22:51 #35259

I burned the image to a 64 gb microsd card, however it did not boot. Does it not work on 64 gb cards? After burning i got a request to format another partition (only about 3 gb). Strangely the main partition was only about 40 gb.

23. April 2018 at 8:38 #35261

High CPU Load on a USB-Stick (Raspberry 3) with latest Max2Play Stretch Image 2.46

Hi,

I installed the latest Stretch-Image 2.45 on a USB stick and use it in a Raspberry 3 and updated to 2.46.
    The problem is, that there is a constant high CPU Load >0.5 without any music player/server.
    The same image/setting on a SD card has a low CPU Load 0.0x.

Could you please check that?
    I tried it on different Raspberries 3 / B+ and installed the image initial again with the same problem.

thanks
    Holger

24. April 2018 at 16:56 #35317

Hi guys,

Sorry about the late reply, I was on holiday until yesterday.

@bscuderi
    : thanks for the detailed report, I will try to recreate the errors and find fixes asap. I’ll also add them to the known issues if they are recreatable.

@justwords
    : Burning and booting should not be an issue with a 64GB card. What software did you use?

@holson
    : Max2Play is intended for use with microSD cards of writing speed Class 10 or higher. Depending on your USB stick and the Pi’s processing of the port, this might be the issue. Please make sure no other USB devices are connected, but really we recommend using a Class 10 microSD card and cannot offer official support for USB solutions.

24. April 2018 at 17:56 #35318

For burning i used the windows software in your guide. But after burning Windows gave me a message that there was a 3 gb partition i needed to format. Maybe that was the problem and i destroyed some data by formating the 3 gb-partition? Also the main partition only was about 40 GB big.

27. April 2018 at 15:01 #35367

That does sound odd. Please try using the this version with verification steps included.

1. Mai 2018 at 21:47 #35400

Heiner, what’s the status of the Jivelite power button (top left corner) on the official stretch based image 2.46? Is it already supposed to turn off the audioplayer and blank/turn-off the screen, or is this still an open issue?
    I’ve tried it on Pi 3B, and 2B .. no luck.

Toby

2. Mai 2018 at 6:17 #35401

Hi Heiner,

I’m using Raspi 3B+ and Justboom DAC Hat together with the latest „stretch m2p_strech_rpi_245.imp.zip“.

I’m experiencing he following booting problems :
    1. sometimes the HTTP apache fails. I will have to try reboot it several times before it can work as I need apache for the max2play configure page.
    2. the dhcpd service always fail.
    3. SAMBA service sometimes fails. I dont worry about it at the moment as I don’t use shared file at the moment.
    4. sometimes keep trying to check the NETWORK again and again that I have to force it to reboot by pull and plug the power cord.

what annoying me is 90% out of the time it will fail to boot with various causes mainly those listed above. I will have to reboot it several times before it can work properly.

thanks!

regards
    nico

2. Mai 2018 at 10:41 #35412

Hi guys,

@Toby: I will check this and let you know.

@Nico
    : That is odd, no other users has experienced these particular issues in any frequency thus far. Could you perhaps try burning a new image or test on another Pi to make sure this is not a hardware issue?

7. Mai 2018 at 11:40 #35541

Update on two issues, fixed in the current beta:

The Raspberry Pi Camera Plugin now works with Stretch!

Spotify Connect Player Plugin bug with RPi Zero Wireless fixed! Now works with all Pi Zero Wireless again.

6. November 2018 at 11:52 #41843

Hello,

Is there any news when the prebuild and optimized stretch image for the 7″ display be realeased?

Best regards,
    Martijn

14. November 2018 at 12:00 #42000

Hi Martijn,

Sorry about the late reply. The image is already done, we just need to publish it.

However, the steps necessary to set up the standard image for display use are very simple and quickly done. Just install the RPi-Display plugin, select the 7″ display by Raspberry Pi and reboot for the basics 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here