[SOLVED] Adding 2.8" 320×240 TFT Touchscreen Adfruit

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [SOLVED] Adding 2.8" 320×240 TFT Touchscreen Adfruit

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 22. Februar 2016 at 14:46 #18626

Although it’s not in the Max2play menu, it’s easy to install this Adfruit display on a Max2play configuration on a Rasp Pi.

To download and run it, simply run the following commands (command line or ssh):

curl -SLs https://apt.adafruit.com/add-pin
    sudo bash sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-bootloader
    sudo apt-get install adafruit-pitft-helper

The first command adds apt.adafruit.com to your repository list, so you can grab code directly from adafruit’s servers.
    The next two do the actual download and installation, it’ll take a while because there’s a lot of software to replace for PiTFT support.It’s normal for the Pi to pause and/or take a while at this step for many minutes, theres a lot of kernel software to replace.

OK now the kernel and helper are installed, all you have to do is run the helper which will configure the kernel device tree overlays and add the few configurations to make the console show up:

sudo adafruit-pitft-helper -t 28r

This will install the „2.8 Resistive“ type of PiTFT into the current install. This is the same as the 2.4″
    Resistive screen too (same resolution, pinout, etc.)
    At the end you will be prompted on whether you want the text console to appear on the PiTFT. Answer Y or N depending on your personal desires!
    You will also be prompted on whether you want one of the tactile buttons to act as an ‚on off‘ switch. Answer Y or N depending on your personal desires!
    Thats it!

Run
    sudo reboot
    to try out your fancy new PiTFT 🙂

See https://learn.adafruit.com/category/lcds-and-displays

29. Februar 2016 at 14:42 #18839

Hi Ronald,
    Thanks for the detailed English instruction.
    I recently also pointed this installation process out in our Jivelite comments section (https://www.max2play.com/features/rpi-raspberry-pi-touch-display-installation-fuer-2-8-watterott-display-2-4-4dpi-24-hat-und-7-raspberry-pi-offizielles-display/).

We have since then added the display as an installation option for the touch display plugin in its current beta release. There, you can just select the Adafruit 2.8 display and those setps are taken automatically.

15. Mai 2016 at 14:05 #20147

Hi,
    Will there be support for the capacitive version of the 2.8″ Adafruit PiTFT in the near future please? At this moment everything works exept for the touch-part. 🙂
    Thanks in advance!

20. Mai 2016 at 21:00 #20197

I would love it if there was a way to assign the buttons under the pitft to turn the display backlight on/off and customized functions play/pause next/previous etc?

14. November 2016 at 17:23 #23907

Hi

I have a CAPACITIVE touch screen Adafruit 2.8″ TFT, on a Raspberry pi 3

I have installed the plugin for the TFT, All works except for the touchscreen. resistive overlay is loaded in error.

I have changed the overlay to the adafuit capacitive touchscreen version but I am missing the capacitive touch driver.

Have you got a method for installing and getting this working please?

cheers

Patrick

29. November 2016 at 13:11 #24318

Hi Patrick,
    I just test the RPi Display installation for the 2,8 Adafruit again and after rebooting, the touch control works fine. Please try using a fresh image and installing the 2,8 Adafruit display in the RPi Display plugin.

29. November 2016 at 17:13 #24354

@Heiner

Hi,

I just test the RPi Display installation for the 2,8 Adafruit again and after rebooting, the touch control works fine. Please try using a fresh image and installing the 2,8 Adafruit display in the RPi Display plugin.

It works OK with the RESISTIVE Adafruit touchscreen,

BUT

I have a CAPACITIVE Adafruit touchscreen, that does not work!

Which type did you test with?

thanks

regards

Patrick

1. Dezember 2016 at 13:32 #24435

Hi superpat,
    We used this one for testing: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1601

7. Januar 2017 at 16:55 #25659

I tried to install the Adafruit PiTFT CAPACITIVE touch screen Adafruit 2.8″ TFT (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1983, capacitive NOT the resistive touchscreen mentioned above), too.

Unfortunately screen is fine, but touchscreen is NOT reacting.
    Any help to get the touch working, is highly welcome.

7. Januar 2017 at 19:02 #25662

Finally I managed to get it work, perhaps it should be included into m2p.

After installing Adafruit 2.8“ Touchdisplay I changed the following files:

1) sudo nano /boot/config.txt
    pitft28c (instead of pitft 28-resisitve)
    2) sudo nano /etc/modules
    ft6x06_ts (instead of stmpe-ts)
    3) sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-captouch.conf
    Identifier „captouch“
    MatchProduct „ft6x06_ts“
    Option „SwapAxes“ „1“
    Option „InvertY“ „1“
    Option „Calibration“ „0 320 0 240“

Now it is working 🙂

16. Januar 2017 at 14:45 #25947

Hi Munich,
    Thanks for sharing your solution. We will look into the possibility of integrating it in our OS.

21. Januar 2017 at 11:57 #26175

In case somebody wants to use a HIFIBERRY DAC parallel to the Adafruit PiTFT 2,8

When you erase / set inactive the following lines in the config.txt (which will be added by installing the PiTFT) it worked in my case perfectly.

# — added by adafruit-pitft-helper Sun 15 Jan 16:28:59 CET 2017 —
    #[pi1]
    #device_tree=bcm2708-rpi-b-plus.dtb
    #[pi2]
    #device_tree=bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb
    #[all]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here