2.8" touch display bundle – installing in dry wall

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions 2.8" touch display bundle – installing in dry wall

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 26. Januar 2022 at 11:20 #51989

I want to conceal all my multiroom players and speakers behind drywall or wood panelling. Can you confirm that if I use the ‚Raspberry Pi 2,8″ Touch Display Bundle with Max2Play‘ I can connect the screen to the PI by ribbon cable so that I can then put a Hifiberry hat on the PI?
    If I can’t do this the PI is too close to the screen and cannot be set correctly in the drywall due to the ethernet and power cables protruding out of the side.

There must be lots of people installing their own systems when renovating their houses and very few of the multiroom audio products (or ‚How Tos‘) seem to be adapted to this situation or to discuss the problems and solutions thoroughly. They all seem to assume that everyone is an audiophile who wants all their equipment to be on display. More practical advice would be very useful!

26. Januar 2022 at 12:25 #51990

Hi Quebrantahuesos,

Unfortunately, the 2.8″ display cannot be connected via DSI, but only via the GPIOs. Maybe the 7″ display would be an alternative for you. You can connect it to the Pi via ribbon cable and still put a HAT sound card on the Pi.

Thank you for your suggestions. We are always striving to improve Max2Play. Unfortunately, we often do not have the capacity to produce such detailed instructions. That’s why we are always delighted when our users share their experiences with us. If we hear about a project that we think is great, we are always happy to offer to turn it into a community blog post so that all our users can benefit from it.

You might enjoy the following blog posts that go into a little more detail about Multiroom Audio:

Enjoy Music in Bedroom and Bath – Alarm, Sleeptimer, Integrated Button Control

Step-by-Step Multiroom Audio Setup with Max2Play

26. Januar 2022 at 16:26 #51992

OK. Thanks. I suppose the easiest solution would be to have a separate RPI for each touchscreen. I’ll wait until the chip crisis is over!
    And I promise to do a full write-up of the installation once it’s finished.

27. Januar 2022 at 10:06 #51996

That sounds like a good plan. We would be very happy if you could share your project with us when it’s finished.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here