Reply To: [Announce] New Max2Play Image for Raspberry Pi 4

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI [Announce] New Max2Play Image for Raspberry Pi 4 Reply To: [Announce] New Max2Play Image for Raspberry Pi 4

16. Juli 2020 at 9:53 #49341

Hi it has been many years since I looked at the full settings I have on my LMS so apologies for the delay in answering . I have checked and as I thought my LMS is just sending all files in Native FLAC (all the tracks in my Library are in FLAC) . So the Pi 8gb is doing no rendering itself just acting as the gateway and sending the files to my various netwrok players .

So again there has been no change other than the direct switch from a 4 gb to an 8 gb which should really given how little use a server I am led to believe is putting on a Pi . I have had many people tell me I was wasting my money using anything bigger than a 2 gb unit and that even the Pi 4 is overkill . However I value the Pi 4 for its increased sommthness and response time and it just makes the use of LMS that bit nicer . Now I have the issue if the 8 gb unit is the exact same board and construction except for the Ram increase which is what I am led to believe is the case then why does that simple addition of more Ram make the sound quality better . I have no idea but as they say take all the gains you can .