Reply To: [LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback! Reply To: [LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

12. Mai 2019 at 22:39 #45379

Hi there,

The functionality this plugin offers is definitely needed. I implemented a version myself but took a completely different direction.

-Used a digispark, a rotaty encoder, the arduino HID trinket library, and modified the script to generate a „Volume Up“, „Volume Down“, „Play/Stop Toggle“ signal through USB.
-Also bought a unit that basically already does that (but it was more fun to build my own)
-I run a background python process using the evdev library to capture events from my USB device and to send commands to the server through the REST API controlling the intended player’s volume.
-It’s working well and I can just plug the knob in a USB port which is less of a hassle than dealing with GPIO. Last thing I need to figure out is how to have the plug in install process launch my python script as a background process on boot.

Can you help with that last part so I can make the plugin available for those who want it?