Reply To: Spotify Connect Not Working with Pi Zero W and HiFiBderry DAC+ Zero

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Spotify Connect Not Working with Pi Zero W and HiFiBderry DAC+ Zero Reply To: Spotify Connect Not Working with Pi Zero W and HiFiBderry DAC+ Zero

24. April 2018 at 16:23 #35316

Hello! Thank you for your note. I appreciate it, and I hope that you had a pleasant holiday.

I just applied the Stretch image again, but I am not able to connect to Spotify.

I’ve reinstalled the Stretch image a number of times already. The first few times, C/Opt/SpotifyConnect was not present. With the recent images installs over the last couple of days, the file was created and Librespot was installed. Thank you for your help with that.

Just now, I reformatted my SD micro card and reinstalled everything. C/Opt/SpotifyConnect and Librspot are present. However, I have the same error as previously – „Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information“ No information comes up when I click the link. Under DeBug, the system states „#### Librespot Command Line Options #### Illegal instruction“

SpotifyConnect works fine with my HiFiBerry DAC Zero + and my Pi 3. Unfortunately, the system cannot start SpotifyConnect when I go through the same steps but have a Pi Zero W.

I saw a previous thread in the forums about a similar problem – https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/spotify-connect-does-not-start/ – that suggested that the Librespot version v20170717-910974e may work with the Pi Zero W. However, I do not know where to log on in order to activate administrator privileges in order to replace the current file with that file. I outlined my problem in a parallel post.

Thank you for your help with this. I have a Pi3/HiFiBerry DAC+ that I’ll be using as the main server for a multi-room setup. I would like to use the Zeros for the smaller rooms in my house that do not require all the features and abilities of the Pi3/DAC+. Best regards.

Mike