Reply To: Play DSD Files with Squeezebox Server

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Play DSD Files with Squeezebox Server Reply To: Play DSD Files with Squeezebox Server

7. April 2016 at 2:43 #19687

Hi Heiner,

Thanks for the link to the test files. I had a quick read about MQA encoding/decoding. Do you think that is something that can be included (licensed?) within Max2play in the future? It sounds very interesting.

By following the instructions in the topic thread below, all seems to working correctly now with my DSD/DSF files.

https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/hifiberry-dac-pro-squeezelite-lms-7-9-nightly-dsd-fail/

Do you know if there are any 12S DAC’s that play DSD over PCM through the Pi with Max2play? I assume my Cirrus/Wolfson card will only play DSD/DSF files converted to FLAC(?), as it will not play them unless I set the ‚DSD‘ setting to ‚Disabled‘, and the ‚FLAC‘ setting to ‚dsdplay‘ in the ‚DSF‘ setting under ‚File Types‘ in the LMS ‚Advanced‘ settings menu.

Both 5.6 and 2.8 DSF files are playing successfully for me.

Do you know if there is any quality loss of DSD files played-back ‚converted‘ to FLAC?

Regards,
Simon

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by gapmedia. Reason: Read about MQA encoding and decoding after looking at the test files link supplied by Heiner