Touchscreen calibration using xinput_calibrator and config file.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Touchscreen calibration using xinput_calibrator and config file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 4. Oktober 2016 at 19:05 #23276

Hi There,

I am currently trying to get a older Touchscreen, the LG Flatron L1510SF (15″ @ 1024×768) with touch-output via USB, to work with a Raspberrypi 3 and Max2play using Jivelite and the joggler skin.

I found this tutorial (in Dutch) on the internet, specific for the same screen, but I run into trouble.

I installed xinput_calibrator and this works fine. However to save the calibration data you have edit or create the following file:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

However after adding this file with the parameters and rebooting, the LXDE gui will not start and I’m stuck in terminal mode. LXDE is back again when I delete the file and reboot.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Best regards,

Megantonneke

4. Oktober 2016 at 22:13 #23277

I tried again using the exact same /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf entries as explained in the previous mentioned tutorial, as it deals with the extact same monitor. This works! I still don’t know why it got botched by the actual calibration numbers that xinput_calibrator recordered, but I am gonna leave it with that.

So /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.confnow states:

Section "InputClass"
    	Identifier	"calibration"
    	MatchProduct	"ITM Inc USB Touch Panel"
    	Option	"Calibration"	"125 4015 3940 160"
    	Option	"SwapAxes"	"1"
    	Option "InvertX" "true"
    	Option "InvertY" "true"

Greetings,

Megantonneke

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Megantonneke.
    12. Oktober 2016 at 11:45 #23385

Hello Megantonneke,

Many thanks for share your experiences with the LG Flatron L1510SF (15″ @ 1024×768) with touch-output via USB and Max2Play with the community.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here