Touchscreen calibration using xinput_calibrator and config file.

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Touchscreen calibration using xinput_calibrator and config file.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christoph premium 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 4. October 2016 at 19:05 #23276

Hi There,

I am currently trying to get a older Touchscreen, the LG Flatron L1510SF (15″ @ 1024×768) with touch-output via USB, to work with a Raspberrypi 3 and Max2play using Jivelite and the joggler skin.

I found this tutorial (in Dutch) on the internet, specific for the same screen, but I run into trouble.

I installed xinput_calibrator and this works fine. However to save the calibration data you have edit or create the following file:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

However after adding this file with the parameters and rebooting, the LXDE gui will not start and I’m stuck in terminal mode. LXDE is back again when I delete the file and reboot.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Best regards,

Megantonneke

4. October 2016 at 22:13 #23277

I tried again using the exact same /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf entries as explained in the previous mentioned tutorial, as it deals with the extact same monitor. This works! I still don’t know why it got botched by the actual calibration numbers that xinput_calibrator recordered, but I am gonna leave it with that.

So /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.confnow states:

Section "InputClass"
    	Identifier	"calibration"
    	MatchProduct	"ITM Inc USB Touch Panel"
    	Option	"Calibration"	"125 4015 3940 160"
    	Option	"SwapAxes"	"1"
    	Option "InvertX" "true"
    	Option "InvertY" "true"

Greetings,

Megantonneke

12. October 2016 at 11:45 #23385

Hello Megantonneke,

Many thanks for share your experiences with the LG Flatron L1510SF (15″ @ 1024×768) with touch-output via USB and Max2Play with the community.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here