wish: CD-ripping tool integration

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) wish: CD-ripping tool integration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 21. Mai 2016 at 12:06 #20200

It would be nice to implement an addon, which rips Audio CDs from an USB-CD-rom drive, more or less automatically to an attached USB-HDD.
    In my opinion best solution would be to use the existing „Morituri„-Ripper that has only a command line interface, and uses the accuraterip database it also automatically writes Metadata to the Audio files using musicbrainz2-database.

To me this would be the last „killer“-feature in combination with the squeezebox-server, so i don’t have to use my Windows-PC for this task anymore.

Thank you in advance,

Dirk

22. Mai 2016 at 13:10 #20203

Hello Dirk, the addon you are asking for, is already included in Kodi. If you connect a USB CD-Rom drive a new tab will pop-up. You can choose to rip and save or play

See also https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205951525-Presenting-the-HifiBerry-Mini for my example, build in an old Mac Mini.

Ronald

23. Mai 2016 at 12:14 #20205

Hello Ronald,

thank you for your post. Nice little build! I like Apple cases to be reused for other purposes.
    Back to topic: I don’t use Kodi, since I do not have a display attached to the Pi. My wish is to use the GUI of Max2Play as front-end for the ripper, so I can use my Android device as controller.
    Does the ripper in Kodi provide Accuraterip support? Is it possible to set the Kodi-ripper in a kind of “automatic mode“ so I would need a display just once for the setup?

I was using the x86-Linux distribution “Daphile“ before as LM-Server, Squeezebox player and CD-ripper on an old Shuttle Atom d525 barebone, it worked so nicely: I simply hat to put in a CD into the DVD-Drive and when everything was ripped properly, it simply opened the drive. Perfect!

Unfortunately the Barebone uses too much power (~25 watts idle) to run it 24/7 so I decided to move to a Raspberry Pi-based solution: Max2Play.

Dirk

23. Mai 2016 at 15:31 #20224

Hi Dirk,
    You can access Kodi’s interface with our VNC server addon and a VNC viewer app from anywhere in your local network. We currently do not have a feature for CD integration in the works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here