Wireless Home Cinema (Optical output problem)

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Wireless Home Cinema (Optical output problem)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 12. März 2018 at 23:45 #34367

Hi everyone,

The aim of the projet I’m trying to realize is to „cut“ the audio cables between the amplifier of the homecinema and the different speakers in the room.
    To do so, I thinking about implementing a raspberry connected to the amplifier and receiving the audio signal via the optical output of it (the amplifier) in order to have the best quality possible. This raspberry creates a network which the others raspberry cards are connected to. These cards are themselves connected to the speakers via cables and works with hifiberry.

I read about Max2Play as a solution to my problem but I wonder if it is possible that the audio source is coming from the optical output of the amplifier instead of Spotify or a USB stick ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

16. März 2018 at 10:37 #34465

Hi Francis,

In general, you are right, with Max2Play’s multiroom features synchronized streaming is easily and reliably done.

However, you would need a great digital input sound card for the Raspberry for any signal to be enhanced through this process and we do not have a simple solution for processing audio input.

You can however mount any folder from your network to Pi for the server to host as its library.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here