Will Max2Play work for his set up?

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Will Max2Play work for his set up?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 7. Oktober 2017 at 13:50 #31776

Probably a quite simple set up, but before purchasing a unit I wanted to check that this should work.

The Pi/M2P would be replacing a Windows install of LMS. The LMS aserves up music from a NAS with music stored on it, along with BBC iPlayer, Spotify (through the Spotty plug in, on a family account so different family members use their own accounts for their Squeezebox player), and also Shairtunes for occasional streaming of a podcast from iPhones etc.

The Pi/M2P has to be able to supply different music to 6 different Squeezebox units around the house. All of these are standard squeezebox units (Touch, Boom etc) controlled by the unit themselves or by iPeng.

I have no Pi experience so it needs to be pretty simple to administer too!

Can anyone hope me with what unit or units do I need? The windows install is working ok (moved from a QNAP NAS install which was getting a bit tricky) but doesn’t support Spotify Connect, and also relies on the Windows computer being left running.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

9. Oktober 2017 at 13:52 #31804

Hi Adrian,

I do not see a problem with your proposed setup. However, the simultaneous playback of 6 individual streams might come close to one Raspberry Pi 3’s capabilities. But all the other aspects are quickly installed and configured with Max2Play, especially if you are used to the LMS interface.

The Bundle you need depends on whether you want to use the Pi as another player as well. In this case you could go for a DAC bundle (for connecting it to a stereo or some active speakers), an Amp Bundle (for direct use with passive speakers) or a Digi Bundle (for ideal transmission of the digital stream). In the link below, you can find all our DAC’s, Amp’s and Digi’s in a comparison chart with their individual specs.
    If you just want to use it as a server unit, you would just need the basic Raspberry Pi Bundle linked below.

Sound Cards can now be compared

https://shop.max2play.com/en/raspberry-pi-bundle.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here