When will max2play download be ready for Raspberry Pi 4

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions When will max2play download be ready for Raspberry Pi 4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 24. Juni 2019 at 10:50 #45901

Good Morning

I have today ordered two Raspberry Pi 4 (2GB) (4GB) units which will arrive later this week . Will they be added to the current Pi download or will a new download for this more powerful card be created ?

24. Juni 2019 at 13:57 #45908

Hi Bencat,

It’s very likely that the new Pi will require a new image since it has a new CPU. However, our testers will also only arrive tomorrow. So we will have to see for ourselves.

24. Juni 2019 at 17:14 #45911

Afternoon Heiner

Thankyou for getting back will just have to wait till you have the time to look at the new Pi’s and see what happens . Given the increased power and memory they will have should mean that for running LMS they should be faster and smoother especially for those like me that have large 50,000 + Libraries.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Bencat57.
    25. Juni 2019 at 2:19 #45913

Hi,
    It looks as though the Pi4 will be a great platform for max2play …. I’ve also ordered a couple and hope for an image at some point… but happy to wait until it’s tested and ready for release!
    Steve

25. Juni 2019 at 10:12 #45915

Yes, we are excited about the possibilities as well. We have all three models coming and will keep you up to date on our development.

Obviously, we also appreciate any and all feedback from your end. Let us know what features and components can and should be utilized for new Max2Play plugins and features 🙂

28. Juni 2019 at 17:48 #45980

I’m currently running max2play as an LMS server on a Pi3 using a Qnap NAS for storage. I’m thinking of upgrading that to a Pi4 and using a directly attached USB3 drive for storage. I’m also interested to understand how much difference the extra RAM (2gb or 4gb) will have on the day to day operations. I have a library of about 30,000 tracks and regularly use the Spotty and iplayer plugins.

29. Juni 2019 at 13:23 #45981

+1 🙂

Also very interested!

29. Juni 2019 at 16:47 #45982

I have one on the way and am also very interested. Any update on how long you think it will take to get an image up and running?

30. Juni 2019 at 21:20 #45986

I am un same situation than ashleycanning.
    I watting with very impatient
    Good work

1. Juli 2019 at 9:52 #45999

Hi everyone,

Thank you for chiming in and letting us know that you are interested in the new Pi as well! 🙂

We will discuss how quickly we can get a stable release of the 4B out and also evaluate the different RAM options for Max2Play applications.

As you may already know, the new Raspberry Pi 4B is only compatible with the newly released Raspbian Buster image by Raspberry Pi Foundation which came out even before the official Debian Buster release it is based on. So we will have to make sure there are no dependencies with Max2Play’s plugins and that the release is stable enough to start migrating.

So we appreciate all feedback on your experiences with the new Pi.

5. Juli 2019 at 9:32 #46160

Hi everyone,

The official Max2Play 2.50 Buster Beta image is now available for download.
    You can use it on all the new Raspberry Pi 4B models as well as on older Pis.

We appreciate all feedback from any device you can try the image on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here