Weird script starting on Web-UI Squeezebox Server Tab after installing plugin

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Weird script starting on Web-UI Squeezebox Server Tab after installing plugin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mkkyah 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 4. January 2016 at 18:57 #17575

    Hi,
    I’m running v2.26 on U3 with LMS 7.8.1 nightly.

    I have installed Mixcloud Plugin today and have problems with Max2Play web UI after that. Every Tab is working as expected, but when I choose Squeezebox Server Tab on any Laptop even Android Phone, browser connects to other sites, loads and starts to play Mixcloud webplayer(should I say widget?) and at the end of the tab it starts Mixcloud page objects like comments, recommendations. There is also a script error warning
    “A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

    Script: http://ajax.googleapis.com/aja…ibs/jquery/2.0.3/jquery.min.js:5
    I see the browser tries to connect pixel.quantserve, facebook, google etc.
    I have manually removed plugin, cleaned everything I can, but it’s still there.

    I have a backup of my Max2Play installation, but where is all this thing installed, how can I clean it?
    BTW: Mixcloud Plugin works, only visible problem is with Max2Play menu.

    6. January 2016 at 14:04 #17590

    Hi mkkyah,
    We have not experienced or heard of this problem before with our image. It seems that the plugin you installed has probably caused these problems. Trying to clean all the issues this might have caused would be harder than burning a new image or using the backup which we would recommend.

    Best Regards
    Heiner from Max2Play

    6. January 2016 at 14:45 #17591

    Dear Heiner,
    I will probably restore my backup, no problem.
    But is it possible that Squeezebox Server Tab’s code is triggering, calling an unnecessary script and causing this. I’m not an expert and maybe I’m putting the wrong wording, but may this issue be considered a bug in Max2Play WebUI which is triggered because of other bad coded plugins etc and checked for that issue?
    Before restoring my backup, is there a web-UI cache or something that I can try to delete/clean?
    Thanks,
    Murat`

    1. February 2016 at 12:17 #18275

    Hi Murat,

    thank you for your question.

    There should be a folder called
    /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/
    which contains the caches of installed and downloaded plugins for the Squeezebox Server. Log in with SSH, move to the folder, delete the particular caches and restart SBS. Alternatively, you could create a Samba Share for this folder and enter it from another PC.

    Maximilian from Max2Play

    1. February 2016 at 12:30 #18278

    Thanks Maximilian,
    I had already cleaned all files, caches and folders connected with that plugin, followed all manual plugin uninstall steps. Even deleted cache.db several times and it didn’t help. I was asking about a Max2Play WebUI cache, if there is one.
    But weirdly again it all returned to normal by itself after a while. I’m still suspecting(without real knowledge) WebUI code and links on Squeezeboxserver tab of Max2Play.

    I will install and test same plugin again when I have time, will provide feedback.
    Best regards,
    Murat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here