Virtual Audio Output (= mp3 Stream) for different Squeezeplug-instances

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Virtual Audio Output (= mp3 Stream) for different Squeezeplug-instances

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 29. Oktober 2015 at 10:52 #16604

Hi,

hope it hasn´t been asked before.
    I´m just playing around with ESP8266. This little 5$ gadget is featuring WiFi and an I2S bus. So it is possible to add a I2S audiochip (and a little bit of RAM is needed). You´ll end up with a really cheap and power saving gadget, playing Audio-Streams.

Now, where does the audio stream come from?

It would be really nice, if this could be done via SqueezePlug(s). Perhaps two or three on a Raspberry. Each instance generating just an MP3 audiostream so the ESP can hook up and play it 🙂

So, Squeezeplug not bound to a physical soundcard, but sending it out in the network as stream…

30. Oktober 2015 at 17:20 #16648

Hi Rince,
    We are not familiar with the hardware you are using, so we cannot make any comments about that. The stream, however, comes from the Server. So this application you are suggesting has to be done with the server software. But, we do have a software for multiple players on one Pi using different outputs. It’s called Multisqueeze and it runs multiple instances of the Player Squeezelite where you can define each with a different output, using audio jack, HDMI or sound cards.

30. Oktober 2015 at 17:34 #16651

It’s called Multisqueeze and it runs multiple instances of the Player Squeezelite where you can define each with a different output, using audio jack, HDMI or sound cards.

I know. On the one hand this is great, on the other hand, one little detail is missing.
    Audio jack, HDMI and sound cards have to be attached to the RasPi.

There is one little thing missing, let’s call it something like „virtual http audioport“
    => instead of using real hardware, it should again provide the sound to another port via TCP/IP.

Instead of the ESP8266 you could also take a cheap WLAN Radio, and imagine the Radio station to be played was one certain Squeezeplug instance.

Is it better understandable?

6. November 2015 at 16:17 #16795

Yes, but it is still a whole new project of its own and no small task. And the structure of such an audio stream environment is currently not integrated in Max2Play. Thanks for your idea, we will consider it in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here