Using Squeezplayer to turn on/off Stereo via IR

Max2Play Home 2016 (en) Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Using Squeezplayer to turn on/off Stereo via IR

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  luke premium 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1. July 2016 at 20:09 #21063

So I have a good old Soundsystem which has no wireless. So I’m using a Digi+ board to take care of that. Now I would like that if I turn on the player, that a IR signal is generated which turns my Stereo on and vice versa.
    I am just waiting to receive all my parts to build a receiver and transmitter. I do understand how to read out the remote and such and there is a lot of support online for that.

What I’m not quite sure about is how I get the on/off signal to trigger my IR signal. Yes, der is LIRC, but how can I use it? I don’t know much about scripts and such. Also I read here about the squeezelite options and came across this

-i [<filename>] Enable lirc remote control support (lirc config file ~/.lircrc used if filename not specified)

How do I go from there? And my question is, does it lirc remote control go the way I need it to? Or does it just enable me to remote control my squeezlite player?

6. July 2016 at 16:11 #21271

Hi luke,
    There has been some previous discussion on IR here: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/infrared-remote-for-max2play-rpi-squeezebox/
    This might help your endeavour.

7. July 2016 at 19:59 #21302

Hi Heiner. Thanks for your input.
    It seems like everyone is interested in using a Remote to control the Raspi… but I want to do it the other way around. I have it all up and running with LIRC. I’m just looking for a simple way to trigger this command irsend SEND_ONCE remote key_power when the player gets switched on or off. I think it should be possible… somehow

9. September 2016 at 14:42 #22953

Hi Luke, did you make any progress with this?

10. September 2016 at 6:35 #22963

Yes I did actually. I’m using a plugin for the squeezebox server. It’s code.google.com/archive/p/sbnetio
    Just adapt his “how to” a bit that you put your command into an script and than run those. Works like a charm for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here