Using Squeezplayer to turn on/off Stereo via IR

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Using Squeezplayer to turn on/off Stereo via IR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1. Juli 2016 at 20:09 #21063

So I have a good old Soundsystem which has no wireless. So I’m using a Digi+ board to take care of that. Now I would like that if I turn on the player, that a IR signal is generated which turns my Stereo on and vice versa.
    I am just waiting to receive all my parts to build a receiver and transmitter. I do understand how to read out the remote and such and there is a lot of support online for that.

What I’m not quite sure about is how I get the on/off signal to trigger my IR signal. Yes, der is LIRC, but how can I use it? I don’t know much about scripts and such. Also I read here about the squeezelite options and came across this

-i [<filename>] Enable lirc remote control support (lirc config file ~/.lircrc used if filename not specified)

How do I go from there? And my question is, does it lirc remote control go the way I need it to? Or does it just enable me to remote control my squeezlite player?

6. Juli 2016 at 16:11 #21271

Hi luke,
    There has been some previous discussion on IR here: https://www.max2play.com/en/forums/topic/infrared-remote-for-max2play-rpi-squeezebox/
    This might help your endeavour.

7. Juli 2016 at 19:59 #21302

Hi Heiner. Thanks for your input.
    It seems like everyone is interested in using a Remote to control the Raspi… but I want to do it the other way around. I have it all up and running with LIRC. I’m just looking for a simple way to trigger this command irsend SEND_ONCE remote key_power when the player gets switched on or off. I think it should be possible… somehow

9. September 2016 at 14:42 #22953

Hi Luke, did you make any progress with this?

10. September 2016 at 6:35 #22963

Yes I did actually. I’m using a plugin for the squeezebox server. It’s code.google.com/archive/p/sbnetio
    Just adapt his „how to“ a bit that you put your command into an script and than run those. Works like a charm for me.

3. Januar 2023 at 20:09 #52570

Hello Heiner.
    I am resurrecting this topic here a bit. I am also trying to expand the functionality by actually sending IR commands.
    Is there in the API any possibility to to call that IRSEND command via HTTP to trigger it remotely?
    For instance:
    irsend SEND_ONCE remote key

In the MAX2PLAY GUI under Settings, there is the LIRC for IR-Support existing for IN and OUT. So I am wondering, how the OUT can be used. Having this covered in the API would be very welcomed.
    Thank you.

5. Januar 2023 at 17:53 #52573

I don’t know of any way to send the command via HTTP. But you could simply execute the command remotely via SSH.

The option for LIRC In/Out in the Raspberry Settings is intended to change the default GPIO pins that LIRC uses to receive and send signals.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here