Using Multisqueeze with bluetooth speaker

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Using Multisqueeze with bluetooth speaker

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 4. Dezember 2019 at 15:00 #47676

Hi everyone, looking for some help!

I have a squeezebox server/client set up for my caravan using a Raspberry pi3 running Max2Play with Multisqueeze and bluetooth plugins installed. This gives two squeezebox instances, one wired through a HiFiBerry DAC and one via bluethooth for an external bluetooth speaker. This has operated reliably for the last couple of years but I have recently rebuilt it using the latest Stretch download of Max2Play 2.49. Because the media server is in a caravan it has to be powered on and off frequently and the problem I have is that whilst the previous version would allow the multisqueeze bluetooth instance to start without the bluetooth speaker switched on, v2.49 will not. I assume this is due to the change from Pulse bluetooth audio being replaced by the ALSA equivalent, since I now have to select a specific bluetooth speaker to connect to in the soundcard options list?

I don’t want to have to log in to Max2Play to restart the Multisqueeze instance every time my media server is rebooted, is there anything I am missing or is there an any workaround to make multisqueeze start the instance when the bluetooth speaker becomes available?

Regards
    Steve Graham

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by SteveG.
    10. Dezember 2019 at 0:12 #47720

I think I have the same issue but the other way around: I want to steam to squeezebox but for doing that I have to re-connect my phone through the web interface after some time.

Max2play should be ready to accept connections from other devices constantly.

11. Dezember 2019 at 13:33 #47749

Hi Steve and Alex,

We are aware of the issues with Bluetooth and are currently working on a fix. If you have any further infos on your observed misbehaviour, please post them here or in the Bluetooth Beta thread.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here