Using Max2Play with a HifiBerry Amp2 on an RPi 3 B with only one (mono-)speaker?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Using Max2Play with a HifiBerry Amp2 on an RPi 3 B with only one (mono-)speaker?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 21. Mai 2018 at 18:35 #35793

Hello guys,

the title says it all: I’m using only one speaker on my RPi3 B running Max2Play with a HifiBerry Amp2.

I managed to get everything working (Squeezebox Server) with Spotty and YouTube and to play all of my music using the „Squeezer“-app for Android.

But since I’m using only one speaker and not a pair as stereo, it really doesn’t sound good.

So I asked myself if it’s possible in an easy way to mix the stereo-sound down to mono?

I found a thread about Alsaequal and tried to make it working with my configuration, but I failed.
    I installed everythink like described here: http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wordpress/equalizer/ and here: https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/201494532-Use-of-ALSA

But when I tried to set the soundcard to „equal“ under „Mediaplayer Squeezelite & Airplay – Status, Start / Stop — Advanced Options“ and changing the command-line options to „-o equal“ it’s not working anymore. I then changed the command-line options back to „-o hw:1“ and let the soundcard set to „equal“, but still no more music.

Trying to start the equalizer with „sudo alsamixer -D equal“ gives me this error-message:
    „/home/pi/.alsaequal.bin is the wrong length.
    Fehler beim Öffen des Mixer-Gerätes: Die Operation ist nicht erlaubt“
    (Error opening the mixer-device: operation not allowed)

Does anyone has an idea how I could tell my setup that everything should work only in mono-mode?

Best regards and thanks for your help
    Mischa

23. Mai 2018 at 14:39 #35838

Hello Mischa,

This discussion on mono output found a solution for Squeezelite. It’s for the DigiAmp+, but the general steps should apply to AMP2 as well.

9. Juni 2018 at 17:18 #36133

Hallo Heiner,

ich habe hier die neuen RPi3B+ mit Hifi Berry Amp2 im Einsatz.
    Hier helfen mir die Hinweise in dem von Dir referenzierten Beitrag leider nicht weiter.
    Ich bekomme die Einstellungen für Mono nicht hin 🙁

Meine Einstellungen:
    /etc/asound.conf:

ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 0
    }
    pcm.equal {
        type plug;
        slave.pcm plugequal;
    }
    ctl.equal {
       type equal;
       module "Eq10";
    }

pcm.plugequal {
       type equal;
       module "Eq10";
       slave {
         pcm "plughw:0,0";
       }
       hint {show on;description "Equalizer for plughw:0,0"}
    }

pcm.mono {
         type route
         slave.pcm equal
         slave.channels 2
         ttable.0.0 0.5    # L(0) to L(0) at 0.5 volume
         ttable.1.0 0.5    # R(1) to L(0) at 0.5 volume
         ttable.0.1 0.5    # L(0) to R(1) at 0.5 Volume
         ttable.1.1 0.5    # R(1) to R(1) at 0.5 Volume
    }

/opt/max2play/audioplayer.conf:

### Configuration of Audioplayers
    SQUEEZELITE_PARAMETER=-o sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -a 80:4:: -o mono
    SQUEEZESLAVE_PARAMETER=-n plugequal
    SHAIRPORT_PARAMETER=-d default:CARD=sndrpihifiberry -t hardware -m hw:1 -c Digital
    USE_USB_DAC=0
    USE_EQUALIZER=1
    SYSTEM_USER=pi
    YMPD_PARAMETER=--webport 8081

Kann mir da jemand einen Tip geben?

Danke vorab!
    Norbert

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by NorbertB.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by NorbertB.
    15. Juni 2018 at 10:36 #36205

Ich habe für mich einen Trick gefunden um einen Mono-Speaker am AMP2 zu betreiben.
    Ich habe das Lautsprecher-Kabel an – des rechten Kanals und + des Linken Kanals angeschlossen.
    Damit bekomme ich einen aus beiden Kanälen gemixten output.
    Keine Ahnung ob diese Anschlussart supported ist, aber für mich funktioniert es so.

3. Mai 2019 at 8:26 #45222

Hallo NorbertB,

habe es auch mit diesen beiden Dateien (von Dir) versucht, bekomme es aber micht hin.
    Habe 1 RasPi 3+ und 1 AMP2 hier. Da mir Mono ausreicht (Küche und WC) wollte ich je
    einen Kanal in die Küche und den anderen ins WC legen.
    Ich benutze den Logitech Media Server und Synology NAS als Server. Und Max2Play ist auf dem RasPi.

Kannst Du hier vieleicht helfen? Bzgl. der Einstellungen welche ich vornehmen muss?
    Vielen Dank Vorab

Gruß
    Markus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here